The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking a Product Manager to focus on financial services; one of our newest business units. Weather impacts almost everything in our life; from macro events at an economic level that drive business and policy decision-making, through to the day-to-day financial choices we make for our family. AccuWeather’s superior forecast accuracy not only provides an opportunity to save lives and protect property; we also have a unique ability to create products that are targeted towards consumers and enterprises through a financial services lens. The initial focus of this position is to define the next generation of the Weather Exchange and support B2B offerings through AccuWeather Enterprise Services.
The Product Manager will be at the forefront of AccuWeather’s innovation, charged with shaping how we leverage our meteorological expertise to build financial products that appeal to consumers and enterprises. Reporting to the Portfolio Product Lead, this position is joining an expanding team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide. The role is an exciting opportunity to translate your vision into an impactful strategy while also defining features, designing experiences and driving execution from start to finish.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader with financial and analytical acumen. You should be an exceptional problem-solver and have a healthy addiction to your mobile device. This role is perfectly suited for a product manager with a passion for science, technology, and leveraging data to improve people’s lives and improving business outcomes.
The position is based in New York City. Travel to AccuWeather HQ in State College, PA will be required.
- Develop a cohesive vision for the Weather Exchange; a trading platform that allows users to trade weather within a real money market
- Manage the AccuWeather Forecaster Challenge; a gamified experience that is fun, engaging and social for consumers to learn how to predict the weather
- Support the line-of-business leaders with productizing data offerings for use by enterprise clients like financial institutions
- Directly support, collaborate and actively manage audience acquisition and retention programs with the marketing team
- Amplify the impact of this new business unit by understanding the ins & outs of your differing audiences (consumers and enterprises, traders and non-traders, gamers and so forth)
- Manage the development sprints with mostly outside agencies; prioritize product enhancements
- Create exceptional user experiences through collaboration with product experience team – UX/UI/Interaction
- Manage the UI/UX tasks to improve front-end facing experiences; products such as the AccuWeather Forecaster Challenge
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, and others to shape requirements; communicate often
- Manage data integrity to ensure accuracy and relevancy; from data source through to display
- Produce and review product requirement documents to the highest of standards
- Coordination between AccuWeather and partner stakeholders including Cantor Fitzgerald
- Own the end-to-end success; requirement definition through design, development, launch, and post-launch analysis
- Serve as subject matter expert for your products, capabilities and services
- Meticulously detailed. Mobile savvy. Analytical
- Strong leader. Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator
- Leadership presence with a knack to evangelize to your team and to upper management
- Be curious and globally oriented. Flexible
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-6 years' experience in the conceptualization and management of products
- Financial services experience a must; open to different types of experience within the industry (trader, broker, PM)
- Strong knowledge of digitally distributed products and technology
- Experience writing detailed requirements for products; such as wire frames, criteria, and business cases
- Ability to interact and communicate with product, design, and development teams of all levels, backgrounds and distributed staffing models
- Must be comfortable to ruthlessly prioritize a pipeline of work based on a strategic evaluation of goals
- Expertise with several analytical and metrics gathering programs or services
- Comfortable making independent decisions and thinking through all product ramifications
- Travel between New York City, NY and State College, Pennsylvania required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.