AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Network Operations Center Technician to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
The Network Operations Center Technician assumes responsibility for the monitoring of all AccuWeather’s critical systems. They provide Level II technical support and customer service duties for both internal and external company clients and products. They maintain communications with appropriate personnel to provide escalation and notification of system anomalies. This position is a second shift (4pm-12am) position with some third shift (12am-8am) work required.
What You Will Be Doing
- Monitoring, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of AccuWeather internal computer equipment in the computer room and at user workstations, as well as support client interaction with computer room systems and downloading of client products.
- Coordinate all modifications and additions to AccuWeather’s computer products and applications with Developers and Support Staff, as well as upgrades and installations of computer room hardware.
- Follow pre-defined escalation and notification procedures.
- Implement new technologies and roll-out new products and systems in coordination with other Technical Support staff.
- Performs trend analysis on monitoring alarms, incident reports and service tickets, to resolve identified issues.
- Maintains computer room installation and configuration standards and coordinates retroactive implementation of those standards.
- Provide technical guidance on operational issues affecting AccuWeather’s key production areas.
- Perform scheduled computer room activities including regular equipment checks, testing exercise, maintenance of computer equipment and repairs on equipment.
- Maintain channels of communication with Task Managers and Shift Supervisors to ensure prompt technical support of any and all computer related problems.
- Provide regular and accurate updates to Shift Supervisor on identified system anomalies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Two-year degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- In-depth experience and troubleshooting skills with various operating systems including MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows7, 8, 8.1, Windows Server 2000/2003/2010, Active Directory, IIS, Mac OS 09/10, and DOS
- Basic knowledge of Linux/UNIX
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and associated applications and basic knowledge of network transport protocols
- Experience in diagnosing, installing and troubleshooting computer hardware components
- Conceptual knowledge of communication ports on and between multiple, differing operating systems and computer architectures.
- Programming knowledge and debugging ability
- Project management capabilities
- Exceptional customer communications skills both written and verbal
- Ability to develop a strong working knowledge of AccuWeather products and systems
- Demonstrated ability to consistently build and maintain strong working relationships with representatives from other departments
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, both in communicating technical issues and resolving them
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office computer applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
AcccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer