AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for an Account Manager, Business Development to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
The Account Manager is responsible for the overall information gathering, processing and sharing for the assigned accounts. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative approach to account management, an entrepreneurial mind, and a deep understanding of the mobile, web, and IOT ecosystems. The candidate will have a good understanding of the business models, products, and relationships within each account. The candidate will be expected to actively respond to incoming account leads and prospect new self-generated opportunities. This role will also influence the activities of a diverse group of professionals, and possesses an orientation to successful, on-time, useful account management tools/products.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage Strategic Account Playbook Document detailing both short-term tactical and long-term strategic plan for account
- Maintain thorough Account activity and opportunity process within corporate CRM system.
- Track AccuWeather products releases.
- Build opportunity pipeline with combination of existing and new accounts.
- Responsible for communication with top accounts.
- Revenue & Performance Reports
- Upcoming products or enhancements.
- Metrics to drive implementation improvements.
- Become “go to” person for information about accounts.
- Conduct on-site client business reviews with top accounts with goal of uncovering future opportunities.
- Work with internal product teams to suggest future product roadmap ideas based on client input.
- Attend industry tradeshows as a AccuWeather subject matter expert.
- Monitor announcements from/about accounts to ensure that teams are aware of activities that should/could involve AccuWeather.
- Manage entire contract submission process and coordinate with AccuWeather legal departments.
- Domestic and potential international travel required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- 2 years successful business experience in the conceptualization and management of reporting tools and managing relationships required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of mobile, web, and IOT ecosystems.
- Experience creating, managing and distributing reports.
- Strong research, analysis, strategy, and account management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements from partners, sales team, management, accounting and IT teams.
- Experience working with information and technology-focused teams, including outside suppliers to achieve common goals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with various departments.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Comfortable making independent decisions and thinking through all ramifications.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer