AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
Provide Technical Support for the growth, technological evolution, and maintenance of all AccuWeather system servers, their software and related technologies along with 3rd level user support, and the continued maintenance of AccuWeather’s network monitoring systems. This role reports directly to a Senior Systems Administrator, and is part of a core administration and support team. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required.
What You'll Be Doing
- Under the direction of the Senior Systems Administrator, collaborate closely across multiple technical and business teams to provide exceptional resource service and support.
- Remains on-call for critical system problems.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 in a large-scale server environment.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various virtualization and cloud technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, and Azure.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of storage infrastructure (Nimble, HP EVA, SCDPM).
- Assist with the configuration and administration of IIS, DNS, Exchange Server, SQL Server, Skype, Load balancing, Active Directory, and Microsoft System Center Sweet..
- Serve as a point of escalation for Customer/User technical support.
- Coordinate resolution of identified system problems and work with technical support, development, and vendors to resolve.
- Proactively identify and spearhead resolution to operational support issues.
- Assist with the implementation of new technologies. Develop system diagrams and other documentation.
- Provide consistent and up-to-date information to upper level management regarding the operation and status of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Share on-call responsibilities with other members of the team.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Four-year degree or experience working in similar environment or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience and troubleshooting skills with various operating systems, including MS Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 in a large-scale server environment.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and associated applications.
- Experience configuring and administering IIS, DNS, Exchange Server, SQL Server, WSUS, Load balancing and Active Directory.
- Experience with MS Windows Clustering, SAN technology, Internet, and networking protocols.
- Experience with file serving, backup fundamentals, and best-practices.
- Solid project and time managements skills are required.
- Conceptual knowledge of communication ports on and between multiple, differing operating systems and computer architectures.
- The ability to consistently build and maintain strong working relationships with representatives from other departments is required.
- Basic knowledge of Linux/UNIX is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.