AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Broadcast Technician to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
We are currently looking for a Broadcast Technician to work with a driven and highly motivated team to support the on-air video operations of AccuWeather. As a Broadcast Technician, you will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining and ensuring the reliability of all AccuWeather Network video channels.
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform ingest and quality control duties for on-air content airing on cable networks.
- Perform the duties of a live or clip based weather news and entertainment master control operator in a fast-paced environment, including manipulating commercial playlists, executing program/commercial/marketing changes, managing playlists, sending logs for reconciliation and maintaining the overall reliability, and execution of live network broadcasts.
- Monitor and maintain the continuity and availability for all AccuWeather video networks
- Perform control room duties (Technical Director, Commercial Integration, Audio Operator, Associate Director) to support live or pre-recorded events.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Continue to exceed expectations in on-air reliability and customer service for all clientele.
- Ensure reliability of on-air schedules in a dynamic environment.
- Perform traffic duties such as log creation and log management
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- 2 yrs experience in an On-air broadcast environment.
- 2 yrs experience in a live environment, specifically a strong background in executing live broadcasts.
- 2 yrs experience demonstrating an overall understanding & knowledge of the television production process, broadcast operations & news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements
- 2 yrs of proven knowledge of switchers, routers, comms, ingest and automation systems
- 2 yrs of experience in ingest and quality control processes
- Experience with traffic software preferred
- Proven leadership, high energy level, strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible in approach, and respond well to pressure.
- Possess strong troubleshooting and process skills
- This position requires the ability to work any scheduled time, including nights, weekends, and holidays to support the 24x7 on-air broadcast environment
- Must be willing to work in State College, PA
- BA/BS in a related field
- Extensive and significant experience, understanding and knowledge of digital broadcast and production technical systems, standards and processes
- Technical experience with automated, real-time systems, digital video and audio troubleshooting and test techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.