AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Lead Software Engineer in Test to join our team! This position will work out of our New York office.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer in Test with a passion for making both development and test teams more efficient and productive. Someone who loves to break things as well as build things to inject quality into software throughout the entire development lifecycle. As a Lead Software Engineer in Test you will design and build test automation tools, lead others to accomplish results and have a direct and meaningful impact on the quality of the AccuWeather platform.
This position will work cross-functionally with Development, Operations, Product and other groups in an Agile-based development environment to test our web, mobile app, and API technologies that cater to a global audience of consumers and enterprise customers. You will provide technical leadership and design, build, and execute automation test suites and frameworks. This hands-on position requires broad automation competence and in-depth technical knowledge of application software development, as well as demonstrated experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices.
What You'll Be Doing
- Architecture and design of mobile and web-based test automation solutions and frameworks
- Development of automated solutions and frameworks that continuously raise the quality of mobile and web-based apps, API’s, SDK’s, and services
- Selection of automation tools, concepts, and methodologies
- Ensure tests are running in a Continuous Integration fashion with a focus on Continuous Delivery
- Generation of metrics that improves delivery and development practices on the team
- Review and critique of technical requirements, software design specifications and implementations
- Instill best practices for test suite automation and frameworks, including documentations
- Ensure deliverables are met with high quality, including those on tight timelines
- Partner with other business units to ensure priority, data, usage, and cross-functional alignment
- Integrate automated execution results with existing tools for the purposes of lifecycle reporting
Experience We Are Looking For
- BS/BA in related discipline with 8+ years’ experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 5+ years’ experience in related field
- Experience leading major projects or programs within department or functional area with significant business impact
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and inter-departmental challenges
- Ability to make prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes
- Self-driven; strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Recognized SME in test automation, designing functional test suites, and producing deliverables
- Experience developing automation using industry standard tools and services such as Selenium, Appium, AWS Device Farm, SauceLabs, Perfecto Mobile, SoapUI, BrowserStack, and others
- Adaptable to engage in both testing and development tasks as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.