We are looking for a person to run a project to determine the feasibility and benefit of developing and centralizing a full supply chain function inside the Finance and Accounting Department. We expect the initial project design phase to last 3-5 months:
- Work with the Controller and CFO to determine the feasibility and effectiveness of a full Supply Chain program within AccuWeather.
- Determine whether or not the inclusion of the program would save the company money in negotiations
- Work with Department Managers and Line of Business Leaders opportunities where a supply chain program would be effective
- Within 12 weeks, provide a template design for a program to help Managers better negotiate vendor pricing and services:
- Develop multiple RFP templates that can be used for a variety of vendors to capture and evaluate the qualitative and quantitative levels of their products and services
- Work with various Execs, Line of Business Leaders, and Department heads to collect their needs and requirements for a centralized supply chain function
- Develop a process to collect and review vendor submissions
- Create a matrix that can evaluate the pros and cons of various bids (e.g. – pricing, customer services, capabilities, response rate, etc.)
- Create a reporting template that can be provided to managers to facilitate their decision making process
- Work with our Legal and Contracts team to determine how Supply Chain would integrate their data and contract approval process into the supply chain methodology
- Work with Accounting and Finance to determine how Supply Chain would integrate the purchase requisition and invoicing process into the supply chain methodology
- Test several vendors with recommended new processes to quantify the potential savings opportunities for the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Supply Chain is preferred
- Two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word are required
- Knowledge of ERP and CRM systems is preferred
- Strong communication skills are required
AcccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer