AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Marketing Junior Graphics Designer to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Creative Director, the Marketing Junior Graphic Designer will help tell the story of AccuWeather to businesses, prospects, and consumers domestically and globally by creating engaging, professional, and inspired designs in print, collateral, broadcast, and online media. The role will collaborate with the Marketing Creative Team as well a team of marketing and communications professionals, product managers, and senior leaders from various lines of business, including digital media, ad sales, television production, enterprise solutions, and more. This professional will be a source of creative inspiration for others on their team and other design teams across the company all tasked with the same mission of creating top-level designs.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide forward-thinking creative design for all forms of print, collateral, broadcast and online media.
- Effectively translate branding and marketing strategies into exceptional creative concepts and executions.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing Managers to create highly visual presentations to prospects and clients, bringing the AccuWeather Brand Style Guide to life.
- Collaborate with Product Teams across the company to develop marketing materials and digital product mocks for prospective products as part of the department’s promotional efforts.
- Support the Marketing Creative Director in efforts to ensure a consistent appearance and user experience with AccuWeather across all consumer/client touch points.
- Develop and create innovative concepts in keeping with project scope: strategic positioning, business requirements, timelines, deadlines, and budgets.
- Prepare and present creative deliverables (brand boards, creative comps, and style guides) within department.
- Work with outside vendors as needed to ensure quality final production.
- Archive digital and, when necessary, physical files of approved documents
- Other duties and tasks as assigned or become evident.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one year of proven success in print and online media delivered in an impressive portfolio of work (electronic submission or web portfolio preferred).
- Capabilities in online advertising design and web
- Fully fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, lnDesign, Photoshop, as well as experience designing in HTML.
- Ability to effectively translate general direction into compelling communications.
- Must have great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work well in a team.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.