The Associate General Counsel reports to the General Counsel. As part of the Legal Services team, the Associate General Counsel provides and executes legal services for the company. The candidate engages with business leaders to provide advice and counsel across the portfolio of a B2C digital media business with nearly 2 billion users globally and distribution across multiple platforms, an enterprise B2B business providing weather forecasts, severe weather warnings and weather data-driven decision insights to many of the world’s largest companies and a linear television broadcast network carried in millions of homes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on consumer data privacy issues impacting a digital media company with a global user base
- Draft, review and provide counsel to clients on commercial transactions, including content and technology license transactions, strategic partnerships and alliances and ad tech platform services
- Provide advice and counsel in issues and agreements in areas such as content delivery over multiple platforms including traditional broadcast, cable distribution and OTT models
- Create and improve commercial contract and other processes
- Produce and conduct engaging and effective training to clients across a variety of subjects, including compliance matters, intellectual property and commercial transactions
- Support M&A and corporate investment transactions
- Manage dispute resolution on select matters
- Manage outside counsel resources as directed by the General Counsel
- Other duties as assigned
- Juris Doctorate degree and at least five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Preferred candidates have both law firm and in-house experience.
- Deep understanding of key issues facing global B2C digital media businesses, such as data privacy, consumer protection, deceptive trade practices, cyber security and risk mitigation, content licensing inbound and outbound across multiple platforms
- Experience in B2B software, technology and data licensing and analytics transactions
- Ability and desire to go deep into a business with clients to understand business models and economic drivers that create legal risks and opportunities
- Comfort operating in an environment where department and individual performance is measured against both qualitative and quantitative goals and metrics; and advising clients in both the qualitative and quantitative consequences of potential choices
- Comfort with adapting to rapid change associated with a dynamic industry
- Ability to flex communication and influencing styles to drive positive change and improvements with clients of varying levels of sophistication – from entry level to C-Suite
- Willingness to drive to solutions and own the outcome as a fellow leader within the business as well as a legal advisor
- Courage to speak up as needed, while showing respect and dignity to others
- Unwavering integrity
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.