AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for an Sales Account Manager, AES to join our team!
Who You Are
The Sales Account Manager is a driven, highly motivated, consultative sales professional primarily responsible for being the primary interface with all new customers once the Account Executive has secured a contract. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to, customer onboarding, post-sale report establishment with primary contacts and others within the customers organization, problem resolution and ongoing remediation, renewing existing accounts and upselling additional products/services to those accounts for AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions (AES). The Sales Account Manager may also be tasked with contacting firms within selected market verticals to explore their needs, and also to network into key targeted or aspirational accounts in concert with a more senior member of the sales or marketing team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with the Senior Sales Account Executives in both a pre and post sales capacity. You will become the single point of contact within most new accounts and become a relied upon and known contact to the customer in regards to fielding all customer requests for support, additional products, training, technology and any other resource the customer may need in order to ensure the customer is 100% satisfied and their needs are remedied through a single touch point.
- Retain the highest possible percentage of current accounts through a structured and successful renewal program. This includes implementing scheduled price increases per our contracted agreements with our clients.
- Expand our current accounts by upselling new products and services to current customers, usually in concert with other members of the AES team.
- Anticipate and prevent as many late payment situations as possible, and resolve the remainder as quickly as possible.
- Close business to business deals effectively.
- Responsible for effective pipeline management to achieve quarterly and annual sales and renewal quotas.
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations to perspective clients and to internal senior management
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to ensure campaign delivery objectives and proper competitive positioning for AccuWeather
- Maintain constant contact with new and existing clients to positively manage the business relationship.
- Track, manage, organize, and update relevant data using applicable sales database applications (currently Microsoft Dynamic CRM).
- Follow up on all relevant leads generated by advertising, trade shows, mailings, web site, and other media.
- Attend trade shows to generate new sales leads.
- Up to 15% travel is required.
- Other duties as assigned or as become evident.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent in education and experience.
- A demonstrated ability to reach out to people over the phone and convey complex ideas in a compelling and professional fashion.
- Must have a proven ability to manage, retain and grow sales accounts.
- Previous experience successfully using B2B consultative selling techniques
- Some interest in growing to the next level of sales responsibility within AES, as a sales professional focused solely on acquiring new business.
- Formal training in the sales discipline is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build long-term customer relationships.
- Excellent client relations and negotiating skills.
- Strong presentation skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to clearly articulate ideas at all levels of the organization is a must. Special consideration is given to the ability to present products and services online, and to adapt smoothly if something goes wrong with the delivery systems, or if new client requirements are uncovered during the presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects and adhere to tight timelines and deadlines.
- Must work well in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong ability to provide clear and concise justification on how decisions make positive impacts on attaining AccuWeather business objectives.