AccuWeather is an industry leading global digital media company, and is recognized as the world's largest source of weather forecasts and warnings, reaching nearly 2 billion worldwide every day. Through various digital media platforms, AccuWeather has saved tens of thousands of lives, protected property and helped people prosper for over 50 years. Our unique global multi-platform capabilities and expansive research allow us to serve over 240 of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as thousands of business world-wide. Our talented staff is made up of industry recognized experts with an entrepreneurial spirit and always at the forefront of new technologies and products. We are looking for an Director of Advertising Sales for our Advertising Sales Department.
Who You Are
- You are a creative thinker who is constantly thinking outside the box.
- You have a competitive
- You are driven and have a track record of success in sales.
- You excel at working under the pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Navigating Agency and Client organizations to find key executive decision makers for AccuWeather’s multimedia offerings.
- Working across the organization to put together the smartest solutions for clients within your category and/or territory.
- Gaining access to and communicating effectively with high-level clients and agency partners.
- Building awareness of the company’s offerings and capabilities in your assigned territory and establishing AccuWeather as a leader in digital sales capabilities and data-lead offerings.
- Managing current relationships with digital agencies as well as clients’ partner platforms while prospecting companies for digital ad sales partnerships.
- Maintaining constant contact with client before, during, and after the sale to establish and positively manage the business relationship.
- Entertaining clients and agency partners at all levels as part of the relationship-building process.
- Strategically developing AccuWeather’s presence as a global media player and the world’s leading weather provider.
- Managing, organizing, and updating relevant sales data using sales CRM.
- Working with Ad Operations and Account Management to insure campaign delivery objectives according to insertion orders.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- 3+ years of online advertising sales experiences required.
- Solution based/Consulting based selling experience.
- A track record of successful sales experience demonstrated by specific achievements.
- Ability to build long-term customer relationships.
- Television and/or digital out-of-home sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of initiative.
Skills We Are Looking For
- Sense of urgency. You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- Relationship Building. You have the ability to consistently build and maintain strong working relationships with your clients, direct teammates, and coworkers.
- Communication. You have the ability to exchange information, both verbal and non-verbal, to anyone. You have solid speaking and writing skills. Your communication style ensures that all the organizational goals are achieved.
- Passion. You have a strong enthusiasm for sales. You pride yourself on being efficient at your job.