At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Commercial Director ...
Accurx is widely-used across GP practices in England, but we are very early in our journey of being used by NHS hospital trusts. To achieve our vision - everyone involved in a patient’s care able to communicate with each other - we need to maintain our position as provider of choice and continue to expand our product offering in Primary Care, as well as achieve adoption across Secondary Care. We are hiring for two Commercial Director roles - one for Primary Care and one for Secondary Care.
At a time when the health service is struggling with unprecedented demand and pressure, we believe improving communication can help improve efficiency, improve patient and staff experience, and improve outcomes.
As a Commercial Director, you will lead on commercial strategy for NHS Trusts (Secondary Care) or GP Practices (Primary Care). This will include:
- Identifying the main customer challenges that we should focus on, how we position ourselves as the best-in-market solution to these challenges, and making recommendations on our overall approach to maximising revenue and adoption. This will include using knowledge of our competitors and their commercial strategies.
- Developing and iterating clear value propositions, rooted in a clear and measurable ROI. Working with Product Marketing to communicate this effectively to our target audience.
- Developing a ‘go-to-market strategy’ for how we achieve adoption across the NHS of our communication platform, working with Partnerships including pricing/discounting strategy, modules/bundling, upsell/cross-sell strategy.
- Ensuring we’re a supplier of choice and maximising our chances of success in their procurement processes. This includes collaborating with our Commercial team for ICS joint tenders.
- Supporting Partnerships in forming relationships with key customers or commercial partners, as required, and iterating the commercial strategy based on feedback from customers.
What the team say ...,
“In our Trusts Clan, we’re at a really exciting point in our journey into the secondary care market, building products that solve problems for healthcare workers across hospitals, mental health trusts, community settings and beyond. We’re looking for someone with knowledge of NHS Trusts and how they work to lead on developing and delivering our commercial strategy and build those relationships to get our products in the hands of as many people as possible.”
Jen Rose, Clan Lead - Trust adoption Clan
“This is a really exciting time to be joining Accurx's GP team as a Commercial Director. We are already Market Leaders in Patient messaging and the fastest growing Online Consultation supplier in the country. But, for us to hit our lofty commercial goals it is essential that we build on this success, and this hire is crucial to that. We are looking for someone who can build and implement our commercial strategy for the launch of multiple new products in the next 12 months and bring new thinking to how we sell our existing ones.
Bill Hendry - GP Clan Operations Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have successfully sold solutions to the NHS OR you have purchased solutions for an NHS provider
- You have a deep understanding of the challenges, incentives and decision making processes in NHS organisations
- You have a strong ability in consultative selling
- You are able to bring clarity to complex and messy problems
- You have a bias for action and are happy to roll your sleeves up and do what’s needed
- You have owned taking a new product to market
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits:
- £85,000 - £100,000 salary + the value of £80,000 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.