At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Technical Programme Manager (platform) at Accurx
The Platform team at Accurx is beginning their journey towards building the internal development platform to unlock the potential of the rest of the engineering org, to make them deploy faster, safer, and more often with higher quality. The Technical Programme Manager (platform) will blend traditional programme management skills with a technical background, allowing them to communicate seamlessly about the tools and products they’re building with both the engineers that are building them and the engineers that are using them.
- You will create a high performing team, blending development, cloud operations, and administration, and in partnership with a technical lead, and ensure your team has everything it needs to deliver on their goals.
- You'll understand the importance of our business goals, how they translate into Internal Development Platform functionality, and through ruthless prioritisation, will steer your team appropriately to help us achieve them.
- You'll be responsible for ensuring a high quality bar for everything your team produces across the full product lifecycle.
- You'll be able to articulate the key risks of your product and your plan to mitigate them.
- You'll be having nuts-and-bolts conversations about the different technologies that Platform team is building on top of (Azure, Kubernetes, and a myriad of third party tools our platform will integrate with)
- You’ll use quantitative data to validate your hypotheses, measure success and make informed decisions.
- You’ll understand how software projects are built and deploy and how software teams run, and the second order effects of the technical solutions on the larger organisation.
- You'll be an expert communicator, who is able to flex your communication style to build relationships quickly with a range of stakeholders, from individual engineers to the CTO.
- You’ll regularly share learnings and insight across the organisation, to ensure everyone understands whether the team is winning or losing.
- You'll share honest accounts of your wins and losses, to advance the collective knowledge of the group and create development opportunities for others.
- You’ll join the Product community at Accurx to both share and upskill technical knowledge, and learn how other product teams are run.
What the team say ...
“Our team dynamic is conducive to friendly and productive work. We’re improving our platform and learning new technologies with a combined effort and I’m grateful to be a part of it!”
— Mitch, Devops Engineer
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have extensive experience in a Product Manager or Technical Programme Manager role, ideally at more than one organisation
- You really like people - whether that’s understanding our developers to build the best platform products, or knowing what motivates your teammates to build a high-performing team
- You have a solid technical understanding of software development and web technologies
- You’re intelligent, both intellectually and emotionally and use a mixture of facts and empathy to inspire those around you.
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits
- £60,000 - £75,000 salary + the value of £50,750 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.