At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Product Designer at Accurx
As a Product Designer at Accurx you get the opportunity, every day, to create experiences that improve the lives of patients, and the happiness of healthcare staff. It's a fulfilling role, one that's shaped by the close relationships you build with our users.
Why it's interesting joining the team today
- With amazing usage in primary care (~98% adoption) and closing a great series B funding round (£27.5m), we're in a really exciting position to innovate with our products. You'll have the opportunity to harness this momentum and make a significant contribution to what we do next.
- Now, more than ever, the health system needs support to provide effective care to patients. You can help solve this very real problem that impacts everyone.
- Whether through our in-house clinical leads, daily research calls, user support or regular site visits. We keep as close to our end-users as we can. You'll be practising genuine human-centred design day-to-day.
What it's like to design with us
Product Designers at Accurx work as embedded members of cross-functional teams. This means that for your team you are the Product Design expert. You have the autonomy, control and responsibility to provide anything and everything required from your field to help the team build what our users need.
Of course, you're not alone. You'll also be part of the Product Design and wider UX function who'll always be there to provide support, share learnings and celebrate your achievements.
What the team say ...
“Working as a Product Designer at Accurx made me question everything I’ve worked on before. The relationship with our users is so direct, transparent and caring, every day you can be certain what you work on has a real impact on the NHS. Everything here happens quickly, but everyone is incredibly helpful and supportive.” - Valentina - Product Designer
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You follow human-centred design methodologies
- You have over 3+ years of proven experience in a Product Design role
- You have demonstrable product design skills, such as:
- Helping to define research goals and interpret findings
- Running collaborative sessions around understanding, defining and ideating
- Effective prototyping – opting for the best tool for the job
- Exceptional craft in user interface design
- Confidence scoping design ideas with stakeholders of different disciplines
- You're willing to advocate for Product Design
- You're able to communicate and justify your design decisions
- You have experience contributing to a design system and embrace working in a modular way
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits
- £45,000 - £60,000 (depending on the level you'll join) salary + the value of £31,500 share options.
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.