At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here
Life as a Privacy Manager at accuRx
At accuRx, we're trusted to handle sensitive health data by nearly every GP practice in the country and hundreds of thousands of users every week. We've been used to contact 40 million patients so far. It's a huge privilege and everyone at accuRx has a responsibility to maintain that trust.
It'll be your job as Privacy Manager to ensure the company keeps its promises to our users and their patients, keeping and growing that trust in new areas for years to come.
- You'll build and oversee slick and sustainable privacy and IG processes such as assuring products and building the best in class transparency resource centre. This will make sure we keep our promises and comply with the law.
- You'll design training, produce resources, and provide advice on what to consider as product teams contemplate novel uses of data in our platform or in our business.
- You'll work with the rest of the Operations team to ensure the processes are in place for the business to keep our promises and build products with privacy by design, as we develop powerful software to support communication in healthcare.
At accuRx, we are about to embark on the next part of our journey. We are looking for inspirational and talented people to help lead the way, who care about the mission we're on to improve healthcare communication. Privacy and trust is absolutely essential to that. There's no better opportunity to have an impact on privacy and trust in digital health than the most widely adopted communications platform in England, so apply today!
What the team say ...
"There are no more interesting challenges for a team player interested in privacy and tech ethics to take on. No industry is more sensitive and worried about data and sharing it than healthcare. And yet there's nowhere with greater need to embrace software that joins up communication. Lots of interesting knotty problems to tackle and a wonderful and a huge, engaged and growing userbase to guide and support. Your work will have a huge impact."
- Matt - IG & Policy Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You're interested in tech ethics or the way public services and wider society can use data for good and protect privacy
- You have 2+ years of work experience in relevant roles, such as operations in technology companies, management in healthcare, consulting, or policy work in healthcare or technology
- You understand the key privacy and IG regulations that apply to accuRx and our users
- You know how to build processes and resources that can meet the needs and scale with a growing business
- You understand the importance of taking complicated or grey areas of compliance and turning them into simple actionable resources for others
- You have line management experience
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You are able to reflect on past decisions and mistakes and use them as opportunities to learn
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £40,000-£50,000 salary + meaningful share options
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week
- Generous leave policies including 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and enhanced parental leave
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- And much more.
Read more about our benefits here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Here’s 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx! 💙
Diversity & Inclusion
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.