At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here
Life as Head of Data at accuRx ...
- Grow and manage our small team of Data People across Product and Commercial departments.
- Work closely with cross functional product and commercial teams, in which our data people embed.
- Upgrade our data insight tooling to meet the emerging needs of our hyper-scaling startup, ensuring we always know if we're winning or losing
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key decision makers across the business, encouraging data informed debate.
- Provide expertise in how data can be leveraged to further shape our product and help achieve our mission
- Help coordinate Data People across the organisation to align with business priorities.
- Ensure data is visualised and understood across the organisation and for our customers
- Establish quality standards for the work your team delivers and optimise for efficient and speedy, careful execution.
- Work from our London office most days
What the team say ...
"This role will be crucial in taking accuRx to next level. This will scale our data team and the infrastructure it needs to turn data into insight." - Benji Portwin, Head of Product
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have the technical competence, communication skills and leadership acumen required to coach the other members of your team on all of them.
- You are a great communicator, both in writing and orally, and can establish relationships with product, design and engineering. Ideally you will have enjoyed working in cross-functional teams previously.
- Have experience in how data is consumed and shared across different teams in an organisation. You'll proactively identify opportunities to use data to solve problems across the organisation.
- Have experience with productionising data science solutions to be able to assess the risks/feasibility involved in implementing DBs/ETL pipelines/computationally expensive models
- Have expertise using SQL and R or Python.
- Have experience with experimentation and experimental design, alternatives to experimentation, challenges with design, deployment and analysis of AB tests.
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary and Benefits
- £70,000 - £100,000 salary + meaningful share options
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- £500 wellness bonus - spend on anything that's keep you physically and mentally healthy
- And much more.
Read more about our benefits here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Here’s 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx! 💙
Diversity & Inclusion
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.