At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here
User Research at accuRx
Our users are at the heart of everything we do at accuRx. By having a deep understanding of the needs of frontline NHS staff, we’ve built software that solves a real problem and is simple to use. By always placing our users at the centre of product development, we now have over 100,000 frontline NHS staff use accuRx to communicate with patients and each other every week. e need someone who can help us scale this, ensuring as a company we remain incredibly user-focused as we grow.
Quotes from our users:
“I genuinely believe you have saved a number of lives by preventing unnecessary exposure to infection...an amazing example of how response technology in the NHS should be….”
“Thank you for role modelling help & innovation in these challenging times. You are an inspiration to us all…”
“Amazing what your team is doing for the country. I hope you all realise the really significant contribution you are all making…”
Life as a Head of User Research...
- Ensuring everyone at accuRx understands the needs of our frontline users and feels empathy for their pain points
- Growing, managing and developing our team of user researchers
- Improving our user research tools and processes to meet our needs as we scale
- Ensuring the team is always working on the highest leverage research, and performing it to a high standard
- Ensuring research plays a strategic role in product development
- Making sure insights about our users are easily accessible and widely spread in the company
- Work from our London office most days
We'd also really like to hear from you, if...
- You have led a team of User Researchers previously, preferably working in cross functional software teams
- You have strong leadership skills, and the ability to coach the team in the appropriate methods and approach required
- You have in-depth knowledge of User Research methods
- You’re empathetic, love talking to people and have the ability to strike up a good rapport easily
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary and benefits package
Our package includes:
- £70,000 - £80,000 salary + meaningful share options
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week
- Generous leave policies including 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and enhanced parental leave
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- And much more.
Read more about our benefits here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Here’s 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx! 💙
Diversity & Inclusion
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.