At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we're building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple - to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK's fastest-growing tech startups. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, over 95% of GP practices rely on us and over the past few months we have worked really hard on driving adoption within Hospitals, our product is now used in over 50% of trusts and this number is growing day by day. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations in the space of 8 weeks. We then spent November and December building a vaccination booking system that has already saved frontline staff many hours and helped with vaccination uptake for vulnerable people in the UK. See our public roadmap for what’s up next 😃.
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
Life as a Product Designer at accuRx
We are looking for a well-rounded Product Designer to help us shape the future of communication in healthcare.
Working closely with our Lead Product Designer and the wider Product team, you will contribute across a broad spectrum of impactful projects from day one. As one of the first few Product Designers in to the business you'll have a huge part to play in shaping what we build.
As a Product designer at accuRx you will give life to ideas by:
- Researching with users and intimately understanding their needs
- Testing with prototypes that can be easily disposed of or iterated on to learn more
- Refining through high fidelity mock-ups that solve the problem at hand
- Delivering through embedding yourself in the delivery of work
On top of that you'll work with a team of cross-functional teammates to achieve a common vision. We value collaboration above all else, so sharing work early and often is vital. We see feedback as one of our greatest tools for refining and shaping ideas. That means Product Designers at accuRx need to feel just as comfortable letting go of solutions, as they do championing them.
Why not read Matt's blog post on what surprised him about working in healthcare!
What the team say ...
Valentina - Product Designer
“Working as a Product Designer at accuRx made me question everything I’ve worked on before. The relationship with our users is so direct, transparent and caring, everyday you can be certain what you work on has a real impact on the NHS. Everything here happens quickly, but everyone is incredibly helpful and supportive.”
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You have over 2 years proven experience in a Product Design role
- You have demonstrable product design skills, such as:
- A backlog of user research tactics to help shape the problem
- A knack for effective prototyping – opting for the best tool for the job
- A strong base of visual design skills – well-grounded in the fundamentals
- A value for exceptional craft in user interface design, and the desire to achieve it
- A systems view of the world, and the need to simplify complex interactions
- A natural communication style with a proficiency in clear and concise writing
- You have experience contributing to a design system
- You have experience designing complex products for a diverse group of users
- You follow user-centric design methodologies and put research at the heart of your solutions
- You like to embrace the small details that ultimately define the product
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary: Up to £50,000 for the right level and set of skills.