At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we're building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple - to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK's fastest-growing tech start ups. In one year, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 20% of the market. Today, over 40% of GP practices rely on us, we've just gone live in pharmacies and will be soon used in Hospitals. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other.
We're on an incredible journey at accuRx with big ambitions, problems to solve and lives to change!
Life as an Operations Manager at accuRx
At accuRx, we are about to embark on the next part of our journey. We are looking for the most inspirational and talented people to navigate through projects easily making history in one of the UK’s fastest-growing start-ups. We are looking for an Operations Manager to help us scale operations at AccuRx and develop our business model.
Working closely with our Head of Operations, you will be heavily involved in scaling our company processes:
- Performance infrastructure (i.e. goal-setting/tracking and sprint processes)
- People policies
- Employee Engagement
You will manage these processes as well as embedding the new ones required for a company of 100+ people. Our hiring plans for 2020 are to triple the size of our 25-person team.
You will also help in directing our product assurance operations. We have numerous business-critical integrations via NHS Digital. This role will involve managing existing integrations and leading us through assurance for new integrations.
In addition, you will support the Head of Operations in building out our information governance (IG) capabilities throughout the company as we launch into different care settings.
An exciting and expanding part of this role will be to shape our future business model. Immediately, that will involve driving adoption of our product via the new NHS primary care procurement framework GPIT Futures. Longer term it will be developing a pricing model and third-party integration offering.
Most roles in start-ups involve a range of responsibilities. This is especially true of operations at AccuRx. In your first year, you can expect to support us in raising our Series B, submit applications for exciting grants or awards, engage with IG stakeholders at hospitals and manage our expansion into new office space - along with initiatives that aren't even on our radar yet!
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have over 2 years of experience in a scaling start up, essential.
- You have worked in a technology or digital business, essential.
- You have experience of improving business processes and understand how to make them suitable for scale.
- You have excellent relationship management and rapport building skills.
- You are able to ruthlessly prioritise, and balance multiple competing responsibilities at once.
- Problem-solving is what you live for - you relish in the constant hurdles a start up throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- You care about the environment and making sustainable choices about how we run the company
- You're mission-driven and care about creating something amazing that will impact the lives of millions.
- Change excites you - you want to play a part in our incredible growth journey, have a voice and help us transform the healthcare industry live never before!
- You share our values (read more about them in our Culture Deck)
Perks of the job at accuRx
People are what drive us.
Our users are the reason we created our product and inspire us every day to be better.
However, we would not have achieved so much so soon without our own incredible team. In order to continue changing the lives of healthcare practitioners and patients nationwide, we are looking for more fantastic talent to join us!
Here are just some of the reasons why accuRx is an awesome place to work:
- Meaningful share options, so that you own a part of the company and get rewarded for all of your hard work.
- Free breakfast daily and constant supply of fruit, snacks and drinks in the office.
- Weekly team lunches and monthly team dinners, cooked and enjoyed in our beautiful new offices (lead by one of our Co-Founders Jacob, who was on MasterChef, and we love to take full advantage of his culinary skills - so far we've made our own sushi, pizza and pasta!)
- Office yoga, park runs and gym classes.
- Annual week-long Summer Retreat - no expense spared - with partners invited for the weekend.
- £500 annual wellness bonus - to support both physical and mental health.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Beautiful, brand new office in Haggerston near Shoreditch, equipped with the latest tech and (of course) ping pong table.
- Pension scheme.
We're building a business and culture to be proud of - see our Employee Handbook in full here.
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Not right for you? Take a look at other career opportunities available with us.
Why is a diverse and inclusive workplace so important to us?
Each health system is made up of a diverse workforce, serving 100% of the population. We are building for them, not us. We can only transform health systems if we build a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, opinions and personalities. We are an equal opportunities employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, people with disabilities and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.