At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here
At accuRx, we're on a mission to bring patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we're building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple - to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK's fastest-growing tech startups. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, over 95% of GP practices rely on us to communicate with their patients. We've just launched in hospitals and are already used by over 15% of hospitals in England. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations in the space of 8 weeks.
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
Life as a Lead Security Engineer at accuRx
This is a fantastic opportunity as you will be the first Security hire within the team, we expect the team to grow as we grow so it will be your responsibility to set the foundations for a successful and high performing function. You will do this by working with our product engineering, devops and IT operations teams to ensure the highest standards of security around patient data!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing controls within the organisation to ensure the security of personal and patient data.
- Help build security into our software development lifecycle, working with product teams to educate on and embed good security practices.
- Building tools or integrating services that ensure that security controls are continually evaluated and applied as code is shipped.
- Helping our organisation define its security strategy, working with our first CISO to do so.
- Working with third-party suppliers to ensure proper testing of our applications.
- Using off-the-shelf tools to test the security of our products and infrastructure deployments yourself.
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You've got 6+ years experience working as a Security Engineer or as a Security Consultant
- You have experience in application security or ensuring the security of SaaS products
- You have done security development work (i.e. you've enough programming experience to write scripts to integrate security products)
- You have some experience in security testing and remediation of findings
- You have experience improving and defining information and product security processes, or helping define an organisation's strategy
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
Our package includes:
- £85,000 - £100,000 + meaningful share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings)
- Generous leave policies including 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Read more about our benefits here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Here’s 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx! 💙
Diversity & Inclusion
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.