At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here
Life as a Clinical Lead at accuRx
We're looking for a GP to join our Clinical Lead team. As a Clinical Lead, you will be part of a team that are building solutions to problems that you encounter daily in your professional life.
You will have to wear many hats as a Clinical Lead, one moment you could be working with designers to create software that makes sense to healthcare workers, the next you will be talking to key figures in the NHS about their challenges and our solutions.
We don't mind if you haven't had experience working in a software company before, but we do need you to understand the problems of communication in healthcare, believe it can be improved, and help us come up with the solutions. The role will require you to have a strong collaborative spirit as you will be embedded with many teams including our software, partnerships and operations teams (to name a few). We value good communicators who can get their point across but also listen and truly understand our users, stakeholders and patients.
- You'll engage regularly with product teams helping create software start to finish.
- You'll spend a lot of time talking to and testing products with frontline staff. You'll combine this with your insights of how the healthcare system works and where the problems are.
- You'll inform the features we're building today, and help develop our product strategy for what we build in the future.
Championing patients and front line staff
- Most challenges faced by caregivers and patients aren't immediately visible. You'll educate the team in what the big challenges are. This will build team empathy and get them excited for the mission ahead.
Building relationships with NHS
- You'll work with amazing people in primary care, secondary care, central bodies, and government (NHS England, NHS Digital).
- You'll work with our partnerships team to help them demonstrate the value of our products to potential buyers.
- You'll nurture the relationships we have and forge hundreds of new ones.
- You'll be a key voice of accuRx amongst NHS leadership and policymakers, and become a real expert in our field.
- Where appropriate, you will guide the clinical content within the software to make it helpful for users and meaningful for patients.
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You are a working NHS GP
- You have a strong interest in product and design, and these go beyond healthcare
- You're comfortable wearing several different hats at once - the role is really varied
- You have a good appreciation of the wider healthcare system and how it fits together
- You can work full time or 4 days per week, with the remaining day as a clinician (please note, we do not accept applications for any availability less than this)
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions and improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You are able to reflect on past decisions and mistakes and use them as opportunities to learn
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
Our package includes:
- £50,000 - £70,000 salary + meaningful share options
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week
- Generous leave policies including 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and enhanced parental leave
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget
- We love food! So we provide lunch every day. We also provide breakfast and a constant supply of fruit, snacks and drinks in the office.
Read more about our benefits here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Here’s 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx! 💙
Diversity & Inclusion
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.