Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Cloud Operations team:
Cloud Operations is the beating heart of Accruent. You will oversee the applications to make sure our customers can experience the full scope of Accruent's products. The performance of the applications is governed by the team to keep our products optimizing at peak performance. Our Cloud Ops team is full of learners and thinkers who foster an engaging atmosphere.
The Systems Engineer II will be a key member of the Cloud Operations team and will be responsible for designing, building, automating, monitoring, and troubleshooting problems in Accruent’s customer facing servers and applications. This involves consulting on technical designs, planning capacity expansions, preparing for disaster recovery scenarios, and installing Accruent software. The position will be responsible for the performance and scalability of the Production level systems that they are assigned. The candidate will also be part of a periodic 24X7 on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Manager, System Operations and is a remote work opportunity.
How you'll make a difference:
- Build, validate, and support the Accruent applications in both public and private cloud environments.
- Ensure production level systems are running at all times and have multiple levels of redundancy to meet committed SLAs.
- Design servers and application environments for performance, reliability, redundancy, and scale.
- Develop a working knowledge of all Accruent-supported products and technologies.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance such as monitoring the performance of systems, virus detection, and monitoring network backups.
- Assist with the tactical implementation of any technology project and provide on-going technology support.
- Document environment topology and installation details.
- Utilize configuration management technologies to build and scale application environments.
- Develop scripts for automating repetitive tasks and making configuration changes.
- Engage with support teams and customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain a disaster recovery plan and perform regular tests.
- Ensure SSAE16 audit compliancy and keep all software licensing and maintenance contracts current.
- Plan for expansion of capacity and recommend upgrades, patches, new applications, and equipment when necessary.
- Deep familiarity with OS and virtualization technologies
- Mentor and train Associates
- Ability to teach non-technical members of the organization and non-technical customers about the application
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: humility, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, grit.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline (IS/CS degree preferred)
- 2-4 years of professional hands-on experience in a web based(SaaS) software environment
- Experience with troubleshooting operating system level issues (Windows Servers, Red Hat Linux, CentOS)
- Experience with troubleshooting web server related issues (IIS, Apache)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, HyperV)
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, BAT, T-SQL)
- Experience with building and managing public cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Biztalk
- Familiarity with networking and storage technologies (Cisco, NetApp, Nimble)
- Familiarity with configuration management technologies (SaltStack, Chef, Puppet)
- Certifications in Linux, Microsoft, database, networking, and cloud technologies highly desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively communicate detailed status to customer and project team
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and technical knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with best practices in IT management, change management and architecture is desirable; examples would be ITIL, COBIT, and TOGAF
- Knowledge of software lifecycle and agile methodologies
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
The salary range for this position is $61,300 - $113,900. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of the compensation package.
Base pay offered may vary depending on various factors, including, but not limited to: job-related knowledge; skills; experience; and other eligibility factors such as geographic location. The Total Rewards package includes competitive base pay and an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and several programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
At Accruent (a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation), we strive to be on the cutting edge of the software world, providing purpose-built intelligent solutions that raise customer expectations, shift paradigms and transform the way businesses operate and achieve success.
We aim to provide the same transformational growth for our 1,000+ employees which includes a vibrant office culture in major cities like Austin and Amsterdam – and 10,000 customers in more than 150 countries – we know you’ll gain new experiences along the way. In our continued effort to help our teams Grow Without Limits, we provide all employees with the resources, coaching and support they need to reach new heights and experience true professional and personal development – and we do this because we believe it will help us grow as a global company in return.
Every person can bring something incredible to the table, and we can always achieve more together. So, if you are courageous, adaptable, collaborative and interested in becoming the best you, we encourage you to join us for the ride – even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience to fill a particular role.
Explore the path. Join Accruent.
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference. At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone. At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.