Systems Engineer I
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Cloud Ops team:
Cloud Operations is the beating heart of Accruent. You will be responsible for the applications to ensure our customers can experience the full scope of Accruent's products. The performance of the applications is governed by the team to keep our products optimizing at peak performance. Our Cloud Ops team is full of learners and problem solvers who foster an engaging atmosphere.
The Systems Engineer I is responsible for providing functional and technical support for Accruent’s infrastructure solutions. Responsibilities include day to day configuration in Accruent’s primary observability platform, LogicMonitor. The Systems Engineer I will also work on problems with a varied range of technologies and complexities of scope and work with various departments to troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical problems. The Systems Engineer will require a wide body of systems knowledge, e.g., Windows, Linux, AD, etc. to evaluate the issue at hand and implement the best solution.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Cloud Operations and will be located at Accruent’s New Orleans office. Remote position will be considered for the right candidate.
How you'll make a difference:
- Evaluate and plan future observability improvements and maintain all security posture.
- Coordinate with Cloud Operations, Engineering, and partners to provide technical systems solutions and improve health of data center and cloud operations.
- Assist with implementation of systems architecture solutions.
- Understand Accruent’s SaaS applications to improve observability, resiliency, standards, efficiency, and uptime.
- Document plans, changes, and policies to the Accruent applications’ infrastructure.
- Produce technical results which demonstrate the drive for consistent improvement of overall health of systems infrastructure.
- Perform upgrades and configuration changes to ensure the highest quality of system architecture.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: customer success, adaptable, innovate for impact, deliver results and strategic.
- Be available to participate in an on-call rotation which provides 24x7 support for all systems across all product lines.
What you bring to the table:
- Initiative to improve monitoring consistently and systematically
- Proficiency in scripting with Groovy, python, PowerShell or Ansible
- Experience running monitoring systems such as LogicMonitor, Solarwinds, Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, Zenoss, MRTG, New relic, AppDynamics, DataDog, ELK, Nagios or Cacti
- 3+ years’ experience with Windows and/or Linux systems in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years’ experience with VMWare
- Operational knowledge of public cloud network infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Preferred skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- LogicMonitor, APM, Logging tools
- Configuration management/automation
- Industry standard certifications e.g. VCP, AWS CSA, MCSA, RHCE, A+, Sec+ etc.
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
- Accruent requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests. For additional information about our COVID-19 approach, please visit: https://careers.fortive.com/covid. All offers of employment are expressly conditioned upon compliance with our COVID-19 vaccination policy.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.