Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Cloud Operations team:
Cloud Operations is the beating heart of Accruent. You will be responsible for the applications to make sure our customers can experience the full scope of Accruent's products. The performance of the applications is governed by the team to keep our products optimizing at peak performance. Our Cloud Ops team is full of learners and problem solvers who foster an engaging atmosphere.
The Principal Network Engineer is responsible for providing functional and technical support for Accruent’s infrastructure network solutions. Responsibilities include working with various groups to investigate, document, and resolve technical problems. They work on network problems with a varied range of technologies and complexities of scope. This will require a deep level of networking knowledge to evaluate the issue at hand and implement the best solution.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Cloud Operations and will be a remote, work from home opportunity.
How you'll make a difference:
- Evaluate and plan future network designs and maintain all security posture.
- Coordinate with Cloud Operations, Engineering and stakeholders to provide technical networking solutions and improve health of data center operations.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and resolve network issues in data center and office networks.
- Prioritize and resolve issues of the highest technical and business severity.
- Document network topologies, hardware rack elevations and configuration details.
- Ensure proper monitoring of networking devices.
- Perform upgrades to firmware of networking devices.
- Be available for on-call rotation to Provide 24x7 support for all network and server systems across all product lines.
What you bring to the table:
- Expert level understanding of TCP/IP stack and data flows
- Experience designing and architecting global hybrid networks with a security centric approach
- Experience designing and maintaining public cloud network infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 7+ years’ experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls (NX-OS, IOS, ISR, CSR, Palo Alto, ASA, ACI, NSX-T)
- Expertise with F5 load balancers
- CCIE, CCIE security, CCIE data center, or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred
- Team leadership with a focus on enabling the growth of others
- Preferred skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Software defined networking
- Configuration management/automation
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- Accruent requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests. For additional information about our COVID-19 approach, please visit: https://careers.fortive.com/covid. All offers of employment are expressly conditioned upon compliance with our COVID-19 vaccination policy.
At Accruent (a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation), we strive to be on the cutting edge of the software world, providing purpose-built intelligent solutions that raise customer expectations, shift paradigms and transform the way businesses operate and achieve success.
We aim to provide the same transformational growth for our 1,000+ employees which includes a vibrant office culture in major cities like Austin, London, and Amsterdam – and 10,000 customers in more than 150 countries – we know you’ll gain new experiences along the way. In our continued effort to help our teams Grow Without Limits, we provide all employees with the resources, coaching and support they need to reach new heights and experience true professional and personal development – and we do this because we believe it will help us grow as a global company in return.
Every person can bring something incredible to the table, and we can always achieve more together. So, if you are courageous, adaptable, collaborative and interested in becoming the best you, we encourage you to join us for the ride – even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience to fill a particular role.
Explore the path. Join Accruent.
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference. At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone. At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.