Revenue Accounting Manager
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Accounting team:
The Accounting department is a great place for learning and adapting to changes mainly due to acquisitions. They are the guardians of the financial data and assets of the company while working closely with the Finance department. Stagnant is not a word you would describe this team and they are constantly working on projects to improve and automate processes. They work hard but also maintain a fun and light-hearted environment to keep the business running. If you're drawn to teams being proactive versus reactive, then the Accounting department may be a fit for you.
We are seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager to manage the company’s revenue function including reviewing contracts, own revenue recognition determination, lead and mentor the accounting team and ensure compliance with US GAAP. The revenue accounting manager will review current contracts, processes and implement improvements, and train the accounting team. The revenue accounting manager will interact frequently with the Director of Revenue, Sales Leaders, Legal and others throughout the company.
This position reports directly to the Director, Revenue and will be in our headquarters in Austin, Texas. This position is open to remote candidates.
How you'll make a difference:
- Review sales contracts, sales orders and renewals to determine proper revenue recognition accounting treatment
- Record and/or review revenue transactions and monitor revenue recognition based on contract obligations
- Manage revenue recognition functions and create policies and procedures to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure timely close and ensure accurate recording of revenue on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Partner with Sales and Legal to ensure that proper technical guidance is followed during the contract negotiation process
- Streamline existing policies, processes, controls, and recommend value-adding changes; initiate, assist, and implement automation whenever possible
- Manager the ongoing requirements regarding revenue standard ASC 606 and be responsible for ensuring that Accruent is in compliance through day to day monitoring of revenue processes.
What you bring to the table:
- Extensive experience in Software and Multi-Element revenue recognition, specifically as it relates to SaaS, term, and on-premise revenue
- Experience documenting, reviewing revenue related SOX controls, and discussing with SOX auditors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent supervisory and project management skills, ability to lead and motivate a team as well as be hands-on, multitask and drive prioritization
- Ability to review and interpret contracts, applying extensive knowledge of US GAAP and explaining ASC 606 guidance to non-finance colleagues
- Strong data skills, this is a high transaction volume environment – comfort in working with large data sets is key
- Progressive accounting experience, preferably a mix of public accounting/private experiences
- Experience with international transactions as well as acquisitions a plus
- Prior experience with Smartsheets, Intacct and/or Salesforce.com is a plus
- SQL experience is a strong plus
- An Active CPA license is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or related field
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
- Accruent requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, racial minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.