In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 260+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from nine offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Marketing for a financial services firm? It’s not what you’d expect. Accordion thrives on the concept of challenging convention – taking risks, making bold decisions, and bringing a fresh (unexpected) approach to our work. This notion is at the heart of our marketing and branding team: we don’t just push the envelope…we tear it up and create our own.
As Accordion’s Graphic Designer, you’ll flex your aesthetic muscles to design and produce marketing assets that drive brand awareness and accelerate company growth. No idea is too “out there.” (Hip-hop references have become a brand staple.) Working alongside a small – yet nimble – team, you’ll help us establish an in-house agency – supporting internal clients by creating campaigns that cross all marketing channels.
While your day-to-day responsibilities will vary (as with all high-growth environments, things move quickly…), you’re ultimately responsible for bringing strategy-driven content to life, visually. Supporting the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications and working in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Ideating and brainstorming design concepts that reflect Accordion’s strategic goals
- Designing and delivering a wide range of high-impact creative assets, including:
- Whitepapers, survey reports, infographics, and other Accordion-authored content
- Sales collateral and pitch materials
- Social media graphics
- Digital ads (LinkedIn, Google Display, etc.)
- Event materials (invitations, signage, etc.)
- Internal and external presentations
- Email templates
- Positioning Accordion in a manner that’s bold and unexpected, yet credible and professional
- Elevating Accordion’s brand identity, while remaining true to our brand guidelines
- Ensuring a creative and consistent look & feel across channels, as well as across multiple service offerings, geographies, and internal clients
Ideally, You have:
- a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts, or a related field
- 3+ years of graphic design experience at a creative agency or in-house
- an online portfolio (that you’re proud to show off!)
- a strong work ethic and ability to uphold a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- a knack for working independently, as well as part of a team, and taking direction
- a moral compass (high integrity is non-negotiable!)
Ideally, You are:
- a master of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- a clear and efficient communicator
- obsessed with details and refuse to settle for less than an A+ aesthetic
- able to think creatively, while taking strategic direction and juggling multiple projects simultaneously