In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 175+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Michigan, South Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to elevate the finance function, one client at a time. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO at Private Equity-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Accordion is partnering with Matriculate to hire a small class of summer interns to participate in a paid summer internship during the summer of 2022. The internship will help you to understand the power of the finance function within the context of the Private Equity industry while also allowing you to assess future career interests. You’ll be exposed to project work across the entire breath of the Accordion business and our 8 distinction practice areas, including Strategic Finance, Transaction Execution, Accounting, CFO Technology, and Restructuring, to name a few. During the internship, you will use your curiosity, intellect, work ethic, and technical skills to assist consultants with their work, create decks, and contribute to internal initiatives.
- You are interested in, and have completed some coursework in, finance, math, analytics, accounting, economics, or a similar subject.
- You are tech savvy and comfortable playing in Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- You are resourceful and organized, and possesses strong attention to detail.
- You are curious and proactive (you like to anticipate the next steps once you have context).
- You are someone who likes to figure things out on their own. (Don’t worry, we’ll still give you plenty of direction).
- You take pride in your own excellent work.
- You are tech savvy, and comfortable working in the Microsoft suite: PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- You are self-aware. You ask questions when you need to; you are eager to learn and grow.
- All students currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college are encouraged to apply. Preference for students with an expected graduation date of Spring/Summer 2023 – 2024
- Demonstrated interest in finance, math, analytics, accounting, economics, or Private Equity.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite.
- Strong work ethic and a palpable desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work from one of our nine offices