In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 260+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Michigan, South Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to elevate the finance function, one client at a time. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO at Private Equity-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services
With the increase in complexity of the business environment and transactions, CFO’s of private equity backed companies are increasingly being looked towards to drive strategic insights for their business. Finance organizations are no longer simply result reporters, but rather, they couple these results with forward looking data to provide strategic insights which are leveraged to make business decisions. Efficiency of process and meaningful control environments allows for speed of financial reporting with increasingly accurate measures, leaving more time for the finance team to add future enterprise value, rather than look backwards.
Accordion’s FAAS Practice is comprised of a dedicated team providing accounting and financial advice to support PE backed portfolio companies on a wide range of transactions and events, including Accounting Policies & Procedures, ERP/Financial System Execution, Financial Statement Close Process, Process & Controls Implementation, Technical Accounting, Finance/Accounting Assessment & Design and Finance & Accounting Organization Standup resulting from a Carve out or Merger transaction. We are doers and problem solvers – making sense of complexity and bolstering sponsors’ value creation thesis’s.
We are Headquartered in New York, however this role can be based in any of our current locations.
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with a diverse set of colleagues to serve clients in the areas of financial accounting matters and business processes:
- Prepare financial statements, typically in connection with acquisitions, carve-outs, proposed sale transactions, restatements, etc.
- Assist in the in the design and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures
- Assess and improve financial accounting close process; including accelerating and streamlining monthly and quarterly reporting processes
- Establish and document best-in-class financial and operational internal controls and/or assisting in controls remediation
- Assist with audit preparation
- Oversee and manage financial reporting and operational system implementations
- Assess and design finance and accounting organizational structure
- Bring a knowledge of reporting and/or operational accounting issues to engagements
- Act as the firm representative during client engagements
- Assist in growing the firm by supporting business development activities
- Identify and sponsor internal initiatives
Ideally, You Have
- Over 7 years of experience working in financial accounting or operations at a top-tier public accounting or financial advisory firm, and/or private company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. CPA is a plus
- A strong and up-to date knowledge of US GAAP (exposure to IFRS is a plus), with deep technical understanding of topics such as ASC 606 revenue recognition, lease transactions, purchase accounting, etc.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong client service mindset
Ideally, You Are
- Excited to be part of a growing team
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Experienced in advising clients on financial accounting issues
- Knowledgeable of complex financial accounting and operations issues
- Excessively detailed oriented with an eye for quality
- Experienced managing projects with tight deadlines
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- Able to work independently and as part of a team as needed