In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 260+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from nine offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS)
With the increase in complexity of the business environment and transactions, CFOs of private equity-backed companies are increasingly being asked to drive strategic insights for their business. Finance organizations are no longer simply result reporters, but rather, they couple these results with forward-looking data to provide strategic insights which are leveraged to make business decisions. Efficiency of process and meaningful control environments allows for speed of financial reporting with increasingly accurate measures, leaving more time for the finance team to add future enterprise value, rather than look backwards.
Accordion’s FAAS Practice is comprised of a dedicated team that provides accounting and financial advice to support PE-backed portfolio companies on a wide range of transactions and events, including Accounting Policies & Procedures, ERP/Financial System Execution, Financial Statement Close Process, Process & Controls Implementation, Technical Accounting, Finance/Accounting Assessment & Design and Finance & Accounting Organization Standup resulting from a Carve-Out or Merger transaction. We are doers and problem solvers – making sense of complexity and bolstering sponsors’ value creation theses.
We are Headquartered in New York, however, this role can be based in any of our current locations.
This is a contracting role reporting to the Managing Director of the FAAS Practice, and will be working remote with some travel in the future.
What You’ll Do:
As a Consultant on the FAAS team, you will:-
- Work collaboratively with a diverse set of colleagues to serve clients in the areas of financial accounting matters and business processes:
- Prepare financial statements, typically in connection with acquisitions, carve-outs, proposed sale transactions, restatements, etc.
- Assist in the in the design and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures
- Assess and improve financial accounting close process; including accelerating and streamlining monthly and quarterly reporting processes
- Establish and document best-in-class financial and operational internal controls and/or assisting in controls remediation
- Assist with audit preparation
- Oversee and manage financial reporting and operational system implementations
- Assess and design finance and accounting organizational structure
- Bring deep financial accounting expertise and leading practices to engagements
- Manage multiple client engagements at the same time, ensure projects are on track, manage client expectations and perform course corrections when necessary
- Interact and build relationships with C-level personnel at portfolio company as well as representatives from Private Equity sponsors
- Assist in growing the firm by identifying and driving business development activities
- Identify and sponsor internal initiatives
Ideally, You have:
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant professional experience working in a client serving role at a top-tier public accounting or financial advisory firm, and/or mix of client service and private industry experience at a senior level
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects at the same time, managing not only client/sponsor dynamics but internal team dynamics as well
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. CPA is a plus
- A strong and up-to date knowledge of US GAAP (exposure to IFRS is a plus), with deep technical understanding of topics such as ASC 606 revenue recognition, lease transactions, purchase accounting, etc.
- Experience preparing financial statements and drafting footnote disclosures. Experience with carve-outs and restatements is a plus
- Experience performing financial and operational internal control reviews
- Knowledge of performing IT assessments and financial system implementation experience is a plus
- Experience working with Private Equity, with an understanding of the unique requirements of the Private Equity consulting environment
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong client service mindset