At Maestro, we’re transforming the private equity industry through technology. As the first and only software platform built to maximize value creation in PE-backed companies, Maestro enables stronger alignment between sponsors and management teams. We live and breathe portfolio operations, and we’re committed to providing users with a centralized solution for planning, executing, and attributing value creation.
Intimidated by this finance lingo? Don’t be. You don’t need to have a PE background to excel at Maestro, but you do need to be passionate about technology – or more specifically – using technology to empower the PE community. As Maestro advances, we’re looking for technologists who can thrive in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment – one that embraces a culture of humility and a team-wide commitment to building something great.
Maestro is a product of Accordion, the leading PE-focused financial consulting firm. With a team of 100+ finance and technology professionals, Maestro and Accordion work together to serve nearly 200 of the world’s premier PE firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, and Boston.
About the Role
Accordion is looking for a Full Stack Engineer with a passion for transformative user experiences to become an early member of the Maestro team. The role will be in Boston, where you'll be reporting to the SVP of Engineering on a day-to-day basis and making regular visits to Manhattan to collaborate with the larger team. Maestro is a start-up with an up-and-coming firm; the ideal candidate will bring their inner intrepreneur* to work each day and will:
- Use their excellent judgment and self-imposed, high standards to build and evolve core features of the Maestro platform
- Architect and implement scalable APIs
- Build robust data models
- Think deeply about the Maestro product and use your thorough understanding of both the platform and its end user to influence technology decisions at Maestro
- Take pride in your own excellent work. You demonstrate a “you build it, you run it” mindset of ownership
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with front end frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular, Backbone, etc.
- Experience working in an agile development environment and distributed version control
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with programming languages like Python, Ruby, Java
- Strong collaboration skills and high emotional intelligence
- Empathy for the end user and a desire to walk in their shoes
*This is not a typo. It's a thing. Look it up.
Accordion Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.