At Maestro, we’re transforming the private equity industry through technology. As the first and only software platform built to maximize value creation in PE-backed companies, Maestro enables stronger alignment between sponsors and management teams. We live and breathe portfolio operations, and we’re committed to providing users with a centralized solution for planning, executing, and attributing value creation.
Intimidated by this finance lingo? Don’t be. You don’t need to have a PE background to excel at Maestro, but you do need to be passionate about technology – or more specifically – using technology to empower the PE community. As Maestro advances, we’re looking for technologists who can thrive in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment – one that embraces a culture of humility and a team-wide commitment to building something great.
Maestro is a product of Accordion, the leading PE-focused financial consulting firm. With a team of 100+ finance and technology professionals, Maestro and Accordion work together to serve nearly 200 of the world’s premier PE firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, and Boston.
About the Role
Accordion is looking for a talented Devops Engineer with a passion for building large-scale web applications to become an early member of the Maestro team. The role will be alongside the Boston-based engineering team, where you’ll be reporting to the SVP of Engineering on a day-to-day basis and making regular visits to New York to collaborate with the larger team. Maestro is a startup within an up-and-coming firm; the ideal candidate will bring their inner intrepreneur* to work each day and will:
- Build and implement continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments using tools such as Travis and Jenkins
- Maintain Heroku / AWS cloud infrastructure
- Develop a backup / disaster recovery strategy
- Implement a secure process for cloud access keys
- Implement an alert system for escalation of runtime issues
- Configure a streamlined agile workflow using JIRA
- Maintain source control infrastructure utilizing GitHub
- Create a performance testing environment
- Produce and maintain documentation on deployment and development processes
- Manage all third-party integration accounts and access
- Establish DevOps best practices and communicate them to the engineering team
You Come to the Table with…
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years managing cloud hosted applications
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing cloud-based web applications via AWS and Heroku
- SQL experience as well as Postgres knowledge
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process for enterprise SaaS
- Experience with a Ruby on Rails application
- Familiarity with web application caching strategies and CDNs
- Experience with Multitenant architectures
*This is not a typo. It's a thing. Look it up.
Accordion Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.