A nonprofit leader in the high-impact fields of community development and microfinance, Accion is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs realize their dreams and fuel increased economic opportunity and mobility through business ownership. Since 1994, Accion has infused more than $123 million in the growth and success of more than 8,000 small businesses across Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas.
Accion is a member of the Accion U.S. Network, the largest and only nationwide nonprofit micro- and small business lending network in the United States. Since 1991, the members of the Accion U.S. Network have collectively made more than 57,000 loans totaling over $500 million. Globally, Accion is a pioneer in microfinance, reaching millions of individuals through its international network of partners. Learn more at www.us.accion.org.
We are looking for a Senior Grant Writer who is a strategic thinker, an excellent writer and communicator, and a passionate champion of our mission to join our Advancement Team. The position may be based at our regional headquarters in Albuquerque or in another community within our service area, such as Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix or Tucson.
Our team members serve as stewards of Accion’s values-driven, high-performance culture. They embody Accion’s brand of warm and exceptional customer service, seek excellence in all they do and demonstrate the highest degree of integrity and professionalism. The Senior Grant Writer will develop and implement strategies, tactics, and activities to identify and prepare grant proposals.
- Completes the writing of compelling and successful grant and funding requests that result in significant funding for the organization;
- Prepares and compiles all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements;
- Provides “second look” editorial support for all outgoing or external communications to donors and other stakeholders;
- Maintains specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information; and
- Enthusiastically upholds Accion’s organizational values of passion, pioneering spirit, integrity, excellence and accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Administration, Public Relations, Communication, or a related field;
- 5-7 years’ experience in grant writing, grant compliance, or a related field;
- History of soliciting and winning government grants;
- Must have a passion for increasing economic opportunity and access to capital;
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish preferred; and
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
Accion offers an excellent total compensation package, including competitive base salary, the opportunity for exciting incentive pay, and an attractive benefits package.