A nonprofit leader in the high-impact fields of community development and microfinance, Accion is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs realize their dreams and fuel increased economic opportunity and mobility through business ownership. Since 1994, Accion has infused more than $102 million in the growth and success of more than 7,000 small businesses across Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas.
We are part of a movement working towards a financially inclusive world where all entrepreneurs can access the tools they need to achieve higher success. Accion is a member of the Accion U.S. Network, the largest and only nationwide nonprofit micro- and small business lending network in the United States. Since 1991, the members of the Accion U.S. Network have collectively made more than 57,000 loans totaling over $500 million. Globally, Accion is a pioneer in microfinance, reaching millions of individuals through its international network of partners.
We are looking for client services interns to work with our lending teams across our region (Albuquerque, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson) to support the full lifecycle of the lending process. Interns will learn first-hand about credit approval and successful credit/business management, and will experience the passion and brilliance of small-business entrepreneurs and their impact on economic growth. In the past, CSIs have accompanied loan officers to banker's lunches, loan closings, and finance panels, they have organized workshops, and attended community events and other networking opportunities.
- Learn about microfinance from an innovative leader in the microfinance industry
- Provide important loan assistance support to the lending staff and help to fulfill Accion’s mission
- Support Accion’s lending team with business development activities, including accompanying lenders on prospective client visits and referral partner meetings, and conducting current client calls
- You have a compelling interest in Accion’s mission
- You demonstrate personal integrity, responsibility, and a commitment to excellence and accountability in everything you do
- You seek to be a part of a fast-paced, growing, high-performance organizational culture
- You are currently pursuing, or have completed, post-secondary or graduate level education, with a track record of academic excellence
- You are able to make a 6 month commitment of 20 hours per week
- Spanish fluency is preferred although not required
What we provide
You will learn about Accion’s values-based high performance organizational culture, as well as best practices for nonprofit management and mission impact. Although unpaid, you will gain valuable professional development experience, and may be eligible to earn credit towards your degree.
Please visit www.us.accion.org to learn more about our organization and mission.