Access Holdings Management Company LLC is a Baltimore-based middle-market investment firm with over $2.8 billion in assets under management. Founded in 2013, Access provides direct investment opportunities to create concentrated portfolios of essential service-based businesses in North America. We undertake active build-and-buy strategies, pursuing what we want to own, great markets and distinct business models. In doing so, Access partners, scales, and innovates to build enduring businesses. For more information, please visit www.accessholdings.com.
Access Executive Development Internship Program Overview:
Access is seeking outstanding candidates for its Access Creating Executives (“ACE”) Internship Program. The position provides hands-on experience and exposure to key strategic and operational initiatives at Access’ portfolio companies.
ACE Interns spend the summer in key roles working directly with and reporting to C-Suite executives and other ACEs in key functions including Finance, M&A / Corporate Development, Strategy, Operations and Marketing. ACE Interns are expected to learn, execute, and document best practices within their respective roles.
ACE Interns will attend and participate in Access’ weeklong intensive summer internship training in Baltimore with other ACE Interns across the Access portfolio. ACEs will leverage Access playbooks and toolkits while driving key strategic initiatives, projects and new investment opportunities.
The portfolio Company and Access will jointly evaluate each ACE Intern’s performance; top performers will have the opportunity to join fulltime as an ACE following graduation. ACEs develop a meaningful operational experience through their roles and are well positioned to move into a C-Suite position within one of Access’ portfolio companies or on the Access investment team.
- Work directly with the executive team as well business-unit-level leaders to execute mission-critical initiatives in M&A, strategy, and operations
- Model and conduct analysis on potential acquisitions
- Conduct due diligence, model, and work with functional groups to underwrite acquisitions
- Work closely with Access Holdings--provide regular updates, participate in board meetings, and respond to analytics and ad hoc requests as needed
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Fast learner with a desire to move with urgency, accountability, and intent
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to express complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Persistent focus on innovative management and operational processes to optimize company efficiency
- Ability to synthesize and convey complex business concepts effectively
- Strategic planner with the ability to plan and execute upon a defined task or strategy
- Innovative and creative thinker with the ability to derive best practices
- Demonstrated leadership skills with an ability to drive change
- Comprehension of negotiation processes poised to achieve optimal outcomes
- Demonstrated aptitude creating and maintaining complex financial models
- Current First-Year MBA student
- 2-4 years of experience at top-tier investment bank or private equity investment role
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future