Access Holdings Management Company LLC is a Baltimore-based middle-market investment firm with over $2.8 billion in assets under management. Founded in 2013, Access provides direct investment opportunities to create concentrated portfolios of essential service-based businesses in North America. We undertake active build-and-buy strategies, pursuing what we want to own, great markets and distinct business models. In doing so, Access partners, scales, and innovates to build enduring businesses. For more information, please visit www.accessholdings.com.
Access Executive Development Internship Program Overview:
Access is seeking outstanding candidates for its Access Creating Executives (“ACE”) Internship Program. The position provides hands-on experience and exposure to key strategic and operational initiatives at Access’ portfolio companies.
ACE Interns spend the summer in key roles working directly with and reporting to C-Suite executives and other ACEs in key functions including Finance, M&A / Corporate Development, Strategy, Operations and Marketing. ACE Interns are expected to learn, execute, and document best practices within their respective roles.
ACE Interns will attend and participate in Access’ weeklong intensive summer internship training in Baltimore with other ACE Interns across the Access portfolio. ACEs will leverage Access playbooks and toolkits while driving key strategic initiatives, projects and new investment opportunities.
The portfolio Company and Access will jointly evaluate each ACE Intern’s performance; top performers will have the opportunity to join fulltime as an ACE following graduation. ACEs develop a meaningful operational experience through their roles and are well positioned to move into a C-Suite position within one of Access’ portfolio companies or on the Access investment team.
The Chief of Staff ACE is responsible for collaborating and advising on the design, development, and deployment of strategic growth initiatives, expansion of geographic presence, and operational excellence. This role will have a creative, entrepreneurial vision focused on driving operational improvements and change, leading cross-functional workstreams, assisting the executive team to accelerate both organic and M&A focused growth initiatives, and investigating new service offerings.
- Join as a junior executive intern within the portfolio company
- Collaborate with operations and HQ staff to improve upon, expand, and document best practices utilized at the Company
- Collaborate with executive team members to determine and prioritize strategic growth opportunities
- Understand key drivers of revenue and margin expansion; evaluate and recommend key initiatives based on these drivers
- Assist executives in driving value creation initiatives across portfolio of owned and managed marinas.
- Participate in acquisition related analyses including modeling, market analysis, initial assessment of market value, due diligence, synergy assessment and integration-related activities
- Analyze and optimize organic and inorganic growth processes from end to end
- Work directly with Access to leverage best practices across other portfolio companies
- Attend ACE training, social, and networking events
Qualifications and Characteristics
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Excellent project management skills with experience driving strategic initiatives and delivering results
- Strategic planner with the ability to plan and execute upon a defined task or strategy
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to synthesize and convey complex business concepts effectively
- Self-starter comfortable working with autonomy, and can successfully prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Fast learner with a desire to move with urgency, accountability, and intent
- Knowledge and understanding of financial statements, financial modeling, and financial reporting
- Innovative and creative thinker with demonstrated ability to express complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong emotional intelligence and the ability quickly build internal and external relationships
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment
- Low ego individual with a collaborative and convening work style
- Advanced Excel / Tableau / Power BI skills and PowerPoint skills to produce board materials and data visualizations
- Current First-year MBA Student
- 2- 4 years of total experience in management/strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate strategy or other related roles
- Prior top-tier management/strategy consulting experience preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future