Access Holdings Management Company LLC is a Baltimore-based middle-market investment firm with over $2.8 billion in assets under management. Founded in 2013, Access provides direct investment opportunities to create concentrated portfolios of essential service-based businesses in North America. We undertake active build-and-buy strategies, pursuing what we want to own, great markets and distinct business models. In doing so, Access partners, scales, and innovates to build enduring businesses. For more information, please visit www.accessholdings.com.
Access Executive Development Program Overview:
Access is seeking outstanding candidates for its Access Creating Executives Program (“ACE Program”). The position provides hands-on experience and exposure to key operational best practices and tactics of Access’ portfolio strategy execution.
Candidates (“ACEs”) join the ACE Program as senior team members of an Access portfolio company, directly supporting and reporting to C-Suite executives in key operational functions including Finance, M&A / Strategy, Development and Marketing. ACEs are expected to improve, execute, and document best practices within the key roles, developing a meaningful operational skillset.
ACEs will attend and participate in Access activities, training sessions, and summits with other executives and ACEs across the Access portfolio. ACEs will work with Access to build skillsets, report out to other ACEs, develop playbooks, and train executives where appropriate. They will leverage key learnings across the current and future portfolio, while also driving projects and new investment opportunities.
The portfolio Company and Access will jointly evaluate each ACE’s performance; top performers may have the opportunity to progress into other areas of the Access Holdings ecosystem. ACEs will be well-positioned to move into a C-Suite position within one of Access’ portfolio companies or on the Access investment team.
Company: WagWay Group
Industry: Pet Boarding and Grooming
Location: Baltimore, MD
WagWay Group is a PE-backed pet clubs and wellness company with operating brands across the U.S. WagWay was established to build a national, contemporary network of leading pet wellness providers in attractive markets. WagWay pet centers offer dog daycare, boarding, grooming, training, and vet services under a comprehensive model. The Company aspires to set the standard for pet wellness through the combination of service excellence, innovation, and pet health monitoring.
- Drive expansion of WagWay's retail footprint through a mix of de novo store builds and add-on M&A
- Create and maintain deal flow database by identifying potential targets and preparing company specific due diligence reports and analyses
- Drive tactical activities to support deal origination, negotiation, and execution
- Direct project management of site development in the near term, with plan to transition more tactical activities as the team expands
- Lead the development of WagWay's corporate real estate strategy and drive effective action
- Prepare and review investment memos, financial models, letters of intent and report on investment pipeline activity
- Analyze and provide data to support recommendations for sale-leasebacks, acquisitions, dispositions, REIT formation, hold versus sell analysis, market studies, highest and best use analysis, or other related strategies
- Conduct due diligence, lead third party diligence workstreams, work with functional areas to underwrite investment opportunities and lead integration activities
- Construct detailed financial models and returns analyses for M&A and de novo builds
- Work directly with CEO, CFO and COO as well business-unit-level leaders to execute other mission-critical initiatives in M&A, real estate, strategy, and operations
- Work closely with Access Holdings—provide regular updates, participate in board meetings, and respond to ad hoc requests as needed
- Attend ACE training, social, and networking events
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Fast learner with a desire to move with urgency, accountability, and intent
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to express complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage day-to-day real estate development activities
- Persistent focus on innovative management and operational processes to optimize company efficiency
- Ability to synthesize and convey complex business concepts effectively
- Strategic planner with the ability to plan and execute upon a defined task or strategy
- Innovative and creative thinker with the ability to derive best practices
- Demonstrated leadership skills with an ability to drive change
- Comprehension of negotiation processes poised to achieve optimal outcomes
- Demonstrated aptitude creating and maintaining complex financial models
- MBA from a top-tier program or equivalent experience with a leading investment bank or management consultant
- 6+ years of experience at top-tier real estate or investment firm or in a related corporate development role
- Multi-unit and/or retail real estate experience required
- REIT (public and/or private) experience strongly preferred
- Legal background and capital markets experience preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future