Access Holdings Management Company LLC is a Baltimore-based middle-market investment firm with over $2.8 billion in assets under management. Founded in 2013, Access provides direct investment opportunities to create concentrated portfolios of essential service-based businesses in North America. We undertake active build-and-buy strategies, pursuing what we want to own, great markets and distinct business models. In doing so, Access partners, scales, and innovates to build enduring businesses. For more information, please visit www.accessholdings.com.
Access Holdings Overview:
Founded in 2013, Access Holdings (“Access”) is a Baltimore-based private investment firm with $2.1 billion of Assets Under Management (“AUM”). Access makes direct investments in essential service-based businesses with enterprise values between $50 million - $1 billion. Access takes a research based, thematic approach to investing, looking to acquire businesses in niche service industries that are positioned to outperform. Access seeks to create value over time through active management oversight and support its portfolio company partners.
Access Executive Development Program Overview:
Access is seeking outstanding candidates for its Access Creating Executives Program (“ACE Program”). The position provides hands-on experience and exposure to key operational best practices and tactics of Access’ portfolio strategy execution.
Candidates (“ACEs”) join the ACE Program as senior team members of an Access portfolio company, directly supporting and reporting to C-Suite executives in key operational functions including Finance, M&A / Strategy, Development and Marketing. ACEs are expected to improve, execute, and document best practices within the key roles, developing a meaningful operational skillset.
ACEs will attend and participate in Access activities, training sessions, and summits with other executives and ACEs across the Access portfolio. ACEs will work with Access to build skillsets, report out to other ACEs, develop playbooks, and train executives where appropriate. They will leverage key learnings across the current and future portfolio, while also driving projects and new investment opportunities.
The portfolio Company and Access will jointly evaluate each ACE’s performance; top performers may have the opportunity to progress into other areas of the Access Holdings ecosystem. ACEs will be well-positioned to move into a C-Suite position within one of Access’ portfolio companies or on the Access investment team.
Company: Precision Pest Partners
Industry: Pest Control
Location: Baltimore, MD
Precision Pest Partners (“PPP”) represents the holding company for a new Access Holdings platform investment within the Pest Control sector. Precision Pest Partners was established to build a national, contemporary network of leading pest control providers in attractive markets. PPP aspires to set the standard for pest control service experience through innovation, service excellence and winning proposition that helps customers protect what matters most.
The Chief of Staff ACE is responsible for collaborating and advising on the design, development, and deployment of strategic growth initiatives, expansion of geographic presence, and operational excellence. This role will have a creative, entrepreneurial vision focused on driving operational improvements and change, leading cross-functional workstreams, assisting the executive team to accelerate both organic and M&A focused growth initiatives, and investigating new service offerings.
- Join as a junior executive within the portfolio company
- Collaborate with operations and HQ staff to improve upon, expand, and document best practices utilized at the Company
- Collaborate with executive team members to determine and prioritize strategic growth opportunities
- Understand key drivers of revenue and margin expansion; evaluate and recommend key initiatives based on these drivers
- Participate in acquisition related analyses including modeling, market analysis, initial assessment of market value, due diligence, synergy assessment and integration-related activities
- Analyze and optimize organic and inorganic growth processes from end to end
- Work directly with Access to leverage best practices across other portfolio companies
- Attend ACE training, social, and networking events
Qualifications and Characteristics
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Excellent project management skills with experience driving strategic initiatives and delivering results
- Strategic planner with the ability to plan and execute upon a defined task or strategy
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to synthesize and convey complex business concepts effectively
- Self-starter comfortable working with autonomy, and can successfully prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Fast learner with a desire to move with urgency, accountability, and intent
- Knowledge and understanding of financial statements, financial modeling, and financial reporting
- Innovative and creative thinker with demonstrated ability to express complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong emotional intelligence and the ability quickly build internal and external relationships
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment
- Low ego individual with a collaborative and convening work style
- Advanced Excel / Tableau / Power BI skills and PowerPoint skills to produce board materials and data visualizations
- MBA from top business school (preferred)
- 3+ years of total experience in management/strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate strategy or other related roles
- Willingness and ability to work out of Baltimore and to frequently travel to business unit operations as required
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future