ACCEL Schools is seeking a highly qualified Physical Education Teachers in Cincinnati, OH dedicated to providing a superior education for all students. The ideal candidate will join a diverse staff of passionate education professionals, eager to create an inspiring and nurturing learning environment that prioritizes student engagement and achievement.
Through the application of research-based practices, our staff of educators work tirelessly to raise student achievement, regardless of historical barriers, while committed to participating in ongoing professional development, job embedded instructional coaching, and embracing a growth mindset.
The Physical Education Teacher is expected to develop in each student an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each student to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social/emotional adjustment; to help students discover and develop talents in their physical achievement; to help students develop strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the State’s Department of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and gym/field areas to insure the over-all safety of students.
- Maintains required inventory records on existing uniforms, equipment, and instructional aids.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned property.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports.
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with parents on their child’s progress.
- Collaborates with other professional staff members in helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Utilizes research-based best practices in daily planning and classroom instruction.
- Support the educational and behavioral goals of all students, including those with an Individualized Education Plan or those learning English as a second language.
- Integrates culturally responsive teaching practices into daily lessons and interactions with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Desires a growth-focused coaching environment based on frequent observations, debriefs, action planning, and progress monitoring.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively and respectfully with all colleagues.
- Incorporates 21st century technology skills into instruction.
- Contributes to a positive climate and culture by exhibiting high professional standards.
- Understand, accept, abide by, and implement the school’s philosophy and mission statement in all school activities.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned workday.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant teaching area is required
- Current State certification/licensure in appropriate teaching area
- Knowledge of State Standards and Common Core Standards
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Successful completion of federal and state criminal background checks
- Ability to work well under pressure, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to use discretion in managing confidential information
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an urban and/or school turnaround setting is a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.