The Senior Account Manager, Affiliate Marketing position is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Candidates who live in the following States will be considered: CO, CT, IL, MA, NH, NJ, PA, RI, VA, WA, CA, FL, GA, MN, NY, OR, TX, AZ, ME, NC, OH, SC, TN. Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
Acceleration Partners is accepting applications for future Client Service leadership openings we will be recruiting for in early 2023. We are seeking experienced Affiliate Marketing Manager(s) to autonomously manage a team to oversee a portfolio of clients, serving as key client facing liaison. This person will be responsible for leading the client relationship as well as all client deliverables, account strategy and execution.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- LEAD MANAGE AND HOLD YOUR TEAM ACCOUNTABLE- Trains, coaches, and develops team members by leading their efforts with the goal to successfully execute effective marketing campaigns. Serves as a conduit for communications upward and downward, maintains morale with team and is viewed as a reliable, go-to person. Comfortable with team delegation; clearly setting expectations, clarifying boundaries, and ensures clear work assignments. Can lead team through difficult and stressful situations while keeping others motivated. Participates in firm building when opportunities arise including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, cross-team collaboration, and cultural & social initiatives.
- CLIENT SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION - Consistently provides superior client service, acts as a point of contact, and escalates issues or key risks as appropriate. Works with teams to ensure client develops trust in our team by overseeing client outputs and communication are delivered in the AP way. Develops and nurtures excellent relationships, reflected in very high client satisfaction and retention rates with a net promoter score of 8+.
- REPORTING AND ANALYSIS – Uses data strategically and nimbly; all analysis or data shared to clients from team is consistently accurate and precise. Consistently draws relevant and accurate conclusions using data to identify trends, analyze campaigns, and provide client insights and recommendations to reach or exceed goals. Performs routine sales projections for client programs and for individual opportunities to support recommendations to clients backed back clear KPI’s. Able to coach others across all of these areas as well.
- ACCOUNT STRATEGY & EXECUTION – Manages successful client programs by developing effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client’s goals and objective. Prioritizes tactics to align with the client’s goals and proactively adjusts goals when necessary. Oversees efficiencies across all deliverables to maximize clients’ spend and managed revenue. Consistently demonstrates intellectual curiosity; challenging the status quo, regularly pitching new, or out of box pub dev or campaign opportunities.
- PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT - Manages multiple campaigns, at 95% full ownership, with solid organizational skills and the ability to focus on and prioritize tasks based on client objectives. Has full grasp of each clients' SOW, delivering what is due under terms; maintains ability to identify new opportunities to drive client success while conjunctively identifying possible goal misalignments, getting to the root of an issue, and bringing solutions to resolve.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Senior Account Manager is executing the day-to-day operations of multiple affiliate programs with little guidance from their Associate Director. Account Manager has formed strong relationships with key client contacts and are the main point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions. Challenging client or team situations are being managed with guidance from Associate Director, with Account Manager bringing a solutions-oriented approach to these situations proactively. Client data is regularly being analyzed and used strategically in optimization, activation and recruitment campaigns. Client accounts are being handled effectively and strategically, without dropping any balls, and clients are aware of and pleased with this outcome. Clients are being serviced profitably with AP targets and client KPI’s being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
BY 1 YEAR… the Senior Account Manager is taking full accountability for the performance and success of their clients and team. Account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic plans and communication is in place on all accounts, and recognized as a key to client success. Account Manager is able to comfortably coach team members to challenge the status quo in order to support team growth, while coaching and managing out poor performance. Clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A caliber, and Net Promoter Scores remain consistent at 8+.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well
- Only provides superior results for clients and unsurpassed customer service
- Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients engaged as well
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment
- Practices effective questioning and exhibits a level of executive presence with team and clients
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Interest in coaching direct reports and enjoys seeing their team succeed
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 5-8 years of online marketing, e-commerce, or affiliate marketing experience required
- Direct affiliate marketing experience (in-house, agency, network) required
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks or SaaS platforms (ShareASale, Commission Junction, Impact, etc.) required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML, a plus
- Previous experience managing and motivating direct reports, a plus
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Founded in 2007, Acceleration Partners is the recognized leader in partnership marketing and a six-time Global Performance Marketing Award (GPMA) winner in the “Best Affiliate and Partner Marketing Agency” category. Acceleration Partners manages programs in 40+ countries for more than 170 brands including Target, GoToMeeting, Noom, ButcherBox, and Betterment. Acceleration Partners’ fully remote global staff of 300+ maintains a singular focus on delivering exceptional outcomes; and delivers deep and data-driven expertise in all key partnership marketing tactics, including affiliate, influencer, content, mass media, and B2B partner marketing. In addition, Acceleration Partners has received awards for its performance and exceptional culture, including "Best Agency" and "Best Team in Performance Marketing ("Performance Marketing Awards"), US Changemakers ("PerformanceIN"), "Best Workplaces" (Inc.), "Best Places to Work" (Glassdoor), and "Most Committed to Work-Life Balance" (Digiday).
As an organization, we are 100% remote, 100% of the time. Our infrastructure was built to operate remotely and we believe we do it better than most with equal access to tools, resources, colleagues, and leadership no matter where you are in the world or what your role is within the organization. When we ask our employees, “What motivates you to come to work every day?” Time and time again the answer is our people. Joining Acceleration Partners means joining a community of brilliant colleagues from around the world who are smart, driven, and who will challenge and motivate you to new heights.
AP PERKS & BENEFITS - WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% remote work for everyone
- Group medical, dental, and vision coverage insurance (with opt-out benefits)
- 401K with matching
- Open Paid Time Off
- Summer & Holiday company-wide wellness breaks
- Volunteer and Birthday Time Off
- Focus Fridays
- Paid Parental Leave Benefits
- Wellness, Technology & Education Allowances
- Annual AP Summit all company meeting
- Paid sabbatical leaves, donation matching, and more!!
Benefits may vary based on employment status or country location.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.