The Director, Global Accounts is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates will reside in UK or Eastern/Central US, ideally within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, London, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, however all locations will be considered.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
We are seeking an experienced senior level digital marketing professional with leadership experience(s) to autonomously manage cross-regional teams for our global affiliate marketing practice, serving as a high-level client facing liaison, often acting as the final point of escalation for the AP and client teams. This person will be responsible for ensuring a high level of client service is being delivered to drive client happiness, retention, and growth KPIs. This person will also be responsible for team happiness and retention matters for a dispersed and matrixed team. Another key focus will be monitoring for wider trends and ensuring synergies and insights are shared appropriately, while constantly looking for areas to improve processes and establish best practices.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have a track record that aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, having met and exceeded performance expectations by overcoming obstacles and turning them into opportunities. This person will have a demonstrated track record of embracing relationships leveraging communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships based on trust and genuine partnership. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to excel & improve by constantly looking for areas of improvements and innovating the approach to create efficiencies and maximize effectiveness.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR:
- LEAD MANAGE AND HOLD YOUR TEAM ACCOUNTABLE - Oversee large (30+) cross-regional team managing and leading team members and supervising high-level activities. Assist in hiring and successfully develops their team through mentoring, coaching, identify training needs and providing proactive and timely feedback. Success of developing teams is proven through a track record of growing team capabilities, elevating teams and motivating A players while managing out poor performers.
- CLIENT SATISFACTION AND RETENTION - Builds strong relationships with client contacts and establishes and strengthens relationships at multiple levels within the client’s organization, including C-level contacts (CEO, CMO, VP of Marketing, etc.). Ensure wider team is providing superior client service to certify client develops trust in our team, resulting in strong NPS ratings and client retention. Acts as a final point of contact for client escalations and knows when to escalate to department VP and Senior Leadership Team.
- TEAM SATISFACTION AND RETENTION – Monitors team happiness and retention metrics to spot macro and micro level trends and red flags. Works with key stakeholders on resolution plans. Is considerate of regional nuances in regards to navigating people issues.
- RESOURCE ALLOCATION AND PROFITABILITY - Assist with managing monthly utilization rate, assist with staffing plans and resources for sales pipeline. Ensures accounts are profitable, within scope and works with the team to adjust scopes and finds new opportunities to increase portfolio revenue which is reflected in very high retention rates.
- PORTFOLIO GROWTH – Assists team in identifying opportunities for scope of work expansions. Leverages curiosity and effective questioning to identify expansion opportunities internally with team and externally with client contacts. Assists in development of expansion proposals and approach with pitching to client stakeholders. Strong focus on achieving YoY growth KPIs.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Director, Global Accounts is overseeing a large cross-regional team with little support from department VP. They have formed strong relationships with key client contacts and are recognized by the client as a leader and point of escalation. Nuanced and challenging client situations are being managed with ease. They effectively coach team to get required results without stepping in to do it for them by providing on-going feedback, both positive and constructive. Has demonstrated sound decision making and problem-solving skills and knows what flags and when to escalate to department VP and Senior Leadership Team. Clients are being serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
BY 1 YEAR… the Director, Global Accounts is autonomously taking full accountability for top 5 responsibilities. KPIs are being achieved. Is a sought after resource both internally and externally.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Only provides superior results for clients and unsurpassed customer service
- Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients and teams engaged as well
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Leads by example and knows how to collaborate and motivate team members in a remote environment
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos and sets the tone for the team
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill and coaches team to do the same
- Works independently with minimal supervision
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 6+ years of digital marketing or agency experience, affiliate preferred
- Experience collaborating with global cross-functional teams preferred
- Proven leadership track record with experience interviewing, hiring, developing, coaching, and performance management of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including to international locations