We are seeking a Publisher Manager to join the Americas Publisher Development team. Publisher Development is a global centralized support team responsible for: managing AP’s day-to-day relationships with publisher partners and becoming experts in their business, creating new partnerships between AP clients and publishers, recruiting net new partners into the AP ecosystem, and contributing to the overall success of our clients’ affiliate programs by helping them achieve their goals through recommended partner strategies.
The Publisher Manager will be responsible for the management and success of a portfolio of publisher verticals. They will be tasked with building relationships and achieving revenue targets within their portfolio. Strong knowledge of publisher business models and strategies across multiple verticals is essential for this role.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have a track record that aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, having met and exceeded performance expectations by overcoming obstacles and turning them into opportunities. This person will have a demonstrated track record of embracing relationships leveraging communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships based on trust and genuine partnership. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to excel & improve by constantly looking for areas of improvements and innovating the approach to create efficiencies and maximize effectiveness.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- PUBLISHER MANAGEMENT – Creates best in class relationships with publishers and builds a trusted network of partners. Manages the centralized communication with publishers, including regular check-ins via emails and calls. Identifies new partnership opportunities and areas of optimization to drive revenue growth; facilitates relationships between publishers and clients.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Identifies new, high-quality partnerships; approach is driven by the needs of our clients and industry evolvement; recruits partners to join AP programs. Provides support to partners through education about AP and our brands, including recommendations based on the publisher's vertical, promotional methods, KPIs, etc. Facilitates introductions on behalf of publishers to account teams.
- THE AP PUBLISHER BRAND – Builds trust with partners and is their advocate with account teams and clients. Proactively works with publishers about ways to grow their partnerships and collaborates on initiatives that provide value to AP clients and the publisher. Strategizes with new and existing publishers to activate partnerships and maximize sales.
- INTERNAL SUPPORT – Provides publisher support to new and existing clients, including new partnership and optimization recommendations. Effectively communicates with team members through email, Slack and on calls; provides the necessary details and information teams need to take next steps on recommendations; conveys messages in a clear manner.
- PUBLISHER PITCHING – Follows process to pitch new partnerships; provides the details necessary for the account team/advertiser to make a decision; shares the value a publisher will bring to their client via the pitch. Is a knowledgeable resource for managed verticals and owned relationships. Can push back and overcome objections; can readily provide suggestions or alternatives based on thorough knowledge of the publisher and overall portfolio.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By 6 months: The Publisher Development Manager has developed strong relationships with the team as well as key publishers in their portfolio. They are knowledgeable about the capabilities of the publishers in their portfolio and how these capabilities can help brands achieve their goals. They have a firm grasp on team KPIs and what is needed for success.
By 1 year: The Publisher Development Manager is consistently executing opportunities that move the needle for clients. They are collaborating with publishers and the team to develop new ways to increase activity and grow revenue. They are well-versed in AP clients and nuances of their programs and are experts in their owned publisher relationships.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is fundamentally a “relationship person”, a natural matchmaker and passionate about creating opportunities for partners and clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment and is comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Has a proven track record of developing and making pitches for new business
- Has strong aptitude for identifying digital strategies based on publisher business models
- Enjoys the challenge of reaching and exceeding revenue goals
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Possesses mature and measured judgment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of experience in performance marketing; affiliate marketing preferred
- Sales/business development experience a plus
- Strong track record of building relationships with publishers and or/advertisers across several verticals
- Proven excellence in exceeding revenue goals
- Knowledge of affiliate networks/platforms (Impact, ShareASale, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20%
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.