The Account Director, Americas is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates will reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, or Santa Barbara/Los Angeles; however all locations will be considered.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
We are seeking an experienced senior level digital marketing professional with leadership experience(s) to autonomously manage cross-regional teams for our Americas affiliate marketing practice, serving as a high-level client facing liaison, often acting as a point of escalation for the AP and client teams. This person will be responsible for ensuring a high level of client service by coaching and developing direct reports on client service and communication best practices, account retention and staffing and resourcing. Another key focus will be ensuring team synergies and alignment, constantly looking for areas to improve processes and establish best practices.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have a track record that aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, having met and exceeded performance expectations by overcoming obstacles and turning them into opportunities. This person will have a demonstrated track record of embracing relationships leveraging communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships based on trust and genuine partnership. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to excel & improve by constantly looking for areas of improvements and innovating the approach to create efficiencies and maximize effectiveness.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR:
- LEAD MANAGE AND HOLD YOUR TEAM ACCOUNTABLE - Oversee account team managing and leading team members and supervising high-level account activities. Assist in hiring and successfully develops their team through mentoring, coaching, identify training needs and providing proactive and timely feedback. Success of developing teams is proven through a track record of growing team capabilities, elevating teams and motivating A players while managing out poor performers.
- SUPERIOR CLIENT SERVICE, COMMUNICATION, SATISFACTION - Builds strong relationships with client contacts and establishes and strengthens relationships at multiple levels within the client’s organization, including C-level contacts (CEO, CMO, VP of Marketing, etc.). Provides superior client service, acts as a point of contact, managing 95% of client escalations and escalates issues as appropriate. Works with teams to ensure client develops trust in our team by overseeing client outputs and communication are delivered in the AP way which is reflected in a net promoter score of 8+.
- RESOURCE ALLOCATION AND PROFITABILITY - Assist with managing monthly utilization rate, assist with staffing plans and resources for sales pipeline. Ensures accounts are profitable, within scope and works with the team to adjust scopes and finds new opportunities to increase portfolio revenue which is reflected in very high retention rates.
- STRATEGY, EXECUTION AND PERFORMANCE - Has the ability to see the big picture by thinking conceptually, imaginatively, and systematically. Provide high-level strategic guidance and partnership to teams to ensure program goals are met and program risk areas are mitigated proactively. Works with the team to innovate new strategy, tactics and efficiencies so client’s objective are met and ensure client success.
- INTERNAL RESPONSIBILITIES - Collaborate with other departments, including Marketing, Sales, and Operations to address customers’ needs and scale the business to meet long term company goals. Ensure proper information sharing with team by disseminating information in a timely manner and keeping the voice of AP. Leads process improvements, encourages efficiency, works to build value for the organization by proactively identifying and mitigating potential risks to the business. Flags and escalates key risks as needed up the chain.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Account Director is overseeing day-to-day operations of multiple affiliate programs across multiple regions with little guidance from their Director. They have formed strong relationships with key client contacts and are recognized by the client as a leader and point of escalation. Nuanced and challenging client situations are being managed with little guidance from Director. They effectively coach team to get required results without stepping in to do it for them by providing on-going feedback, both positive and constructive. Has demonstrated sound decision making and problem-solving skills and knows what flags and when to escalate to Director. Clients are being serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
BY 1 YEAR… the Account Director is autonomously taking full accountability for the performance and success of their programs and regional responsibilities. Team and account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic plans and communication is in place on all programs and with their team contributors, and they are recognized as a key to client success. Clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A caliber, and Client Satisfaction Scores remain consistent at 8+.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Only provides superior results for clients and unsurpassed customer service
- Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients engaged as well
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Leads by example and knows how to collaborate and motivate team members in a remote environment
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos and sets the tone for the team
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill and coaches team to do the same
- Works independently with minimal supervision
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 8 years of online marketing, e-commerce, or digital marketing experience required
- General understanding of affiliate marketing experience required (direct or indirect channel exposure at agency or inhouse)
- Proven leadership track record with experience interviewing, hiring, developing, coaching, and performance management of direct reports.
- Knowledge of general affiliate tracking methodologies via platform partners (Radius by Impact, ShareASale, etc.) is a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including to international locations
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- General knowledge of various digital marketing channels, content marketing, social media, search engine optimization, and paid search
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the recognized leader in global partnership marketing. Five time winner of the IPMA "Best Performance Marketing Agency" category, Acceleration Partners has a 15 year track record of driving exceptional outcomes for top global brands including Target, Reebok, LinkedIn, Adidas, and Noom. Acceleration Partners manages programs for brands in more than 40 countries worldwide, and provides deep expertise in all key partnership marketing tactics, including affiliate, influencer, content, mass media, and B2B partner marketing. We believe that marketing is better for brands and consumers when it is based on authentic connections. We build genuine connections with clients, partners, employees, and our community to enable remarkable outcomes.
As an organization, we are 100% remote, 100% of the time. Our infrastructure was built to operate remotely and we believe we do it better than most with equal access to tools, resources, colleagues, and leadership no matter where you are in the world or what your role is within the organization. When we ask our employees, “What motivates you to come to work every day?” Time and time again the answer is our people. Joining Acceleration Partners means joining a community of brilliant colleagues from around the world who are smart, driven, and who will challenge and motivate you to new heights.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for our culture, including ”Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran stat