SENIOR DIRECTOR / VP / HEAD OF B2B PARTNER MARKETING
We are seeking a Senior Leader of B2B Partner Marketing to drive the effort to take our existing B2B affiliate marketing product to the next level. As the partner marketing landscape continues to evolve, various channels and tactics are coming together in exciting ways, and Acceleration Partners is leading the charge. Different businesses require very different approaches to their affiliate and partner marketing programs, and B2B companies especially require very different strategies and tactics than typical consumer programs. The Senior Director of B2B Partner Marketing will be the owner of our B2B partner marketing product, supporting our company, clients, and platform partners by serving as an industry expert, driving B2B strategy and thought leadership, and partnering with teams across Acceleration Partners to achieve our goals. The Senior Director of B2B Partner Marketing will be the key leader responsible for developing our B2B product into a robust offering that incorporates the most up-to-date thinking, best practices, and technologies and then supporting the growth of the product as it becomes a pillar of our business. In addition to working with the Client Services team to ensure we are delivering a best-in-class product to our clients, the Senior Director of B2B Partner Marketing also will work cross-functionally with our Marketing and Sales teams to help develop go-to-market and sales strategy, messaging, and collateral, and our training team to ensure appropriate training capabilities are created, and other teams as necessary.
The successful candidate will have strong experience growing and running B2B partner marketing affiliate programs, at a minimum via traditional affiliate marketing but ideally also incorporating a variety of other more non-traditional partner types. They will have working knowledge of the overall partner marketing landscape, including affiliate, and the ability to both develop comprehensive strategy as well as capably execute. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that can confidently plug in to any challenging situation with ease and can balance competing priorities well. The Senior Director of B2B Partner Marketing must be flexible, willing and able to pivot quickly, and excited to operate successfully in an “intrapreneurial” situation where they will be leading primarily via influence. This person will also have a history of working well with their peers, quickly establishing relationships easily, and establishing themselves as a respected expert.
While the Senior Director of B2B Partner Marketing will be a senior leader at Acceleration Partners, they are not expected to lead a large team. Instead, they will be serving as the central nexus point for all the parts of the organization touching B2B partner marketing and supporting those parts of the organization as necessary.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- B2B Partner Marketing Strategy – Serve as the lead strategist for Acceleration Partners’ B2B partners marketing product, including both development and dissemination of overall strategy and best practices and working directly with account teams to support their clients. Participate in QBRs and other mission critical strategy meetings as necessary.
- Internal B2B Partner Marketing Approach – Work with Client Services leadership to develop, scale and maintain account team structure, Service Level Agreements, skills criteria, and related items core to delivering a successful B2B partner marketing product.
- Marketing & Sales Support – Work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams to support go-to-market strategy, messaging, and collateral development. Support and join key sales pitches as the expert and drive home our strategic and tactical capabilities with prospects.
- Platform & Publisher Expertise – Act as Acceleration Partners’ subject matter expert on key B2B partner marketing platforms such as Partnerstack, Impact and Partnerize. Develop strong relationships with external platform/network stakeholders. Monitor the market for new entrants and provide strategic recommendations for partnership opportunities. Maintain a deep understanding of the B2B publisher landscape and keep the organization abreast of new developments and major new partners.
- Thought Leadership – Act as internal and external thought leader on B2B partner marketing through content and speaking at industry and general digital events. Support building B2B partner marketing knowledge across the business through trainings and materials that teams can leverage.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 3 MONTHS… The Senior Director of B2B Partner Marketing is fully up to speed on Acceleration Partners current B2B partner marketing capabilities, approach, and clients. They have reviewed our current accounts and performed a full gap analysis. They have both submitted a full audit of accounts and recommendations on next steps to Client Services leadership, including changes to Service Level Agreements, account team structures, current B2B account strategy shifts, etc., and have submitted a strategic roadmap for the overall development of Acceleration Partners’ B2B partner marketing product to leadership.
BY 6 MONTHS… Senior Director of B2B Partner Marketing is fully partnered with Client Services, is providing significant strategic value, and is regularly participating in QBRs and other key meetings. The recommendations they have provided on improving the approach to B2B partner marketing have resulted in new processes that are documented, repeatable, and trainable. They have worked with Marketing to develop a go-to-market strategy for the B2B product that is ready to be executed, and they have supported sales in the acquisition of at least five new B2B clients. The Senior Director of B2B Partner Marketing is providing updates to the Board of Directors on the development of the B2B product.
YOU ARE GREAT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Are a big picture, strategic innovative thinker with a strong go-to-market growth mentality
- Exhilarated by managing change and comfortable with ambiguity and moving targets
- Strong with data analysis and easily able to pinpoint issues and opportunities within a data set
- Translate data and insights into actionable next steps for clients
- Know how to ensure that B2B strategies and tactics have measurable results
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high performing environment
- Like to share and collaborate with peers in a remote environment
- Are passionate about the digital marketing industry and how partner marketing relates to the greater digital landscape
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Hear and incorporate feedback from other team members, clients and partners
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Have incredible attention to detail and are capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Have a strong executive professional presence, confidence, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
- Can prioritize competing objectives and manage time with skill
- Work effectively in an independent an autonomous environment with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 7+ years working in digital marketing, either client or agency side (and ideally both)
- 3+ years in affiliate/partner marketing in a highly strategic role
- Deep experience in B2B affiliate/partner marketing and the full affiliate/partner marketing ecosystem
- Robust experience with large swaths of the B2B publisher world, including both traditional affiliate partners and more non-traditional partners
- Ability to communicate with and present clearly to senior leaders and Board members
- Solid understanding of omni-channel and general digital marketing
- Excellent at communicating as an authority in their domain in a consultative manner
- Working knowledge of attribution in digital marketing
- Key platform (Partnerstack, Impact, Partnerize) experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel up to 15%
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world. Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
As an organization, we are 100% remote, 100% of the time. Our infrastructure was built to operate remotely and we believe we do it better than most with equal access to tools, resources, colleagues, and leadership no matter where you are in the world or what your role is within the organization. When we ask our employees, “What motivates you to come to work every day?” Time and time again the answer is our people. Joining Acceleration Partners means joining a community of brilliant colleagues from around the world who are smart, driven, and who will challenge and motivate you to new heights.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
The Senior Director of B2B Partner Marketing is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners. This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. While candidates who reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions (Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, or Los Angeles) are preferred, we will consider all candidates who reside and have the right to work in the US.
Some travel is required for meetings, conferences, etc. Proximity to a major airport is highly preferred.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team