DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL TALENT ACQUISITON
We are in search of a Senior Talent Acquisition Leader to lead our global talent acquisition strategy and lead our US, EMEA, and APAC recruiting teams through the accelerated growth we are seeing and expect to continue to see over the next 3-4 years. Reporting to our VP, Talent & Culture this is a highly visible, key leadership position and a new headcount we are adding to our team. This role will be responsible for managing and aligning recruitment resources, tools and systems to our corporate strategy to meet the needs of the business today and into tomorrow. Over the next 4-5 years, we are anticipating 3-4x headcount growth around the world in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for fast-paced professional level recruiting that knows how to effectively lead teams and strategies during an accelerated growth company phase for a mid-sized privately owned organization. The right candidate will bring previous experience leading a team, working in global talent markets, and hands-on experience attracting, qualifying, and ultimately hiring highly-targeted passive talent. This role is 100% remote and must reside and have the right to work in the US. (We've been 100% remote since 2007 and we know how to do it right!)
At Acceleration Partners we understand that our business thrives when our people thrive, and that starts by hiring the right talent professionals. We have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have multiple years recruiting experience which aligns to all of these. This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for all projects she/he participates in, to ensure we are providing the best resources and support for all of our team members. She/he will also have a history of embracing relationships within a firm and across all levels. And, this person will have demonstrated the desire to Excel & Improve by consistently evaluating refinements to the talent acquisition process showing a passion for continued learning and improvement.
This individual will be a player and coach, responsible for leading our team as well as able to roll up their sleeves when needed. Our team is not your typical in-house recruiter team, at AP our recruiters are very high-touch and involved in the selection process alongside our hiring managers and teams. As a player, this role will require an ability to juggle multiple work streams with competing priorities, a high level of attention to detail, good judgement, and the confidence to work with hiring managers of all levels, including the C-suite, and guiding them on the best practices to filling their open roles. As a coach, this role will require an ability to develop and integrate effective recruitment strategies for a high growth organization, be accountable to hitting aggressive recruiting targets and be able to lead and coach a team of 4-6 people.
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
- Global Recruitment Strategy Development & Implementation: Act as a partner and trusted advisor to the VP, Talent & Culture and Senior Leadership Team. Work closely with the leadership team to understand business and operational needs and priorities to ensure comprehensive, global talent acquisition solutions & strategies align to meet those needs. Develop and execute new and innovative global recruiting resourcing strategies to match high volume needs and timeline associated; explore new and effective resourcing models and combination of contractor and full-time employees. Ensure that all strategies and execution related to candidate experience, recruitment marketing, and diversity hiring are delivered and aligned to overall business objectives.
- Recruitment / Workforce Planning: Work closely with the finance and business operations teams and department heads to keep a consistent, accurate and up-to-date pulse on all talent acquisition needs and anticipate those that may develop in a high growth, professional services environment. Manage across the global and functional matrix to deliver against local hiring needs, the needs of the business, and act as a partner to Global and Regional People Operations teams to ensure smooth transitions from recruitment to onboarding. Develop and create dashboards to deliver real-time insights to how teams are tracking against planned and unplanned hiring needs and goals.
- Global Recruitment Function Operational Excellence: Drive operational excellence by continuously evolving our global recruitment delivery model. Responsible for designing, deploying, streamlining, and maintaining processes, policies, and programs. Efficiently scale our Talent Acquisition team and processes in a way that leverages speed, efficiency, and technology to ensure our talent professionals can continually thrive to deliver high quality talent at volume and speed and do their best work in the process. Work closely with various stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment and synergy across regions and business Initiatives.
- Data Insights and Talent KPIs: Define and measure global talent acquisition KPIs. Report against KPIs and deliver impactful, data-backed insights to enable and drive business and department decisions. Develop reporting functionality to regularly report on key global metrics. Confidently use data and insights to drive improvement across the function and support recommendations.
- Lead, Manage, and Hold your team Accountable: Develop, lead, and inspire your team, while holding them accountable to their work. Manage workloads, delegate projects accordingly, and your team’s potential. Act as a skilled influencer and trusted partner, able to communicate complex messages to others.
What Success Looks Like:
By Three Months: You have developed a baseline understanding of Acceleration Partners’ business globally, including recruiting operations, core economics, talent strategy, and culture. You have solidified positive relationships and trust with the key stakeholders, both internally and externally, whom you interact on a daily basis, having their full confidence in your ability to execute your responsibilities. You have a strong understanding of our talent market and our positioning vs. our key competitors. You have created an initial set of strategic metrics and are providing them on a regular basis to the Leadership Team, and have provided the Leadership Team with a roadmap for talent acquisition over the next year that includes new strategies and resource requirements to support hypergrowth.
By Six Months: You have a comprehensive understanding of Acceleration Partners’ business globally and our talent market. You have open lines of communication with stakeholders and are working on existing operational gaps while implementing your roadmap. You are comfortable speaking both internally and externally about Acceleration Partners. You are executing fully on your strategic plan and hitting and reporting against the hiring targets and objectives set out in that plan. You have tested some of the suggested new strategies in the roadmap and presented outcomes to the Leadership Team, with concrete follow up steps laid out. Your team is fully aligned to the plan and everyone is rowing the boat 100% in the same direction.
You are great for this role if you:
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done and with a high bar for excellence and resilience in difficult situations.
- Have confidence, poise, and eloquence when speaking to an audience or with executives
- Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Have superior organization and time management skills, and are capable of coordinating/prioritizing several projects at once
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a consistent attention to detail
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos especially while navigating ambiguity
- Can adapt and shift readily and quickly to changing situations
- Are a people person, what brings you joy is supporting others and instilling a sense of ease and happiness into their day
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of progressive talent acquisition experience required, with significant time spent in high-growth, fast-paced organizations and managing a team; agency/consultancy environments a plus.
- Proven ability to effectively empower and guide recruiters operationally in high-volume recruiting environments
- Ability to gather and interpret data, and pull key insights to drive business decisions
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art recruitment technology and process management
- Solid understanding of interviewing best practices, laws and compliance related to fair recruiting practices globally
- Prior experience working Greenhouse or another ATS strongly preferred
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must be able to comfortably format and analyze spreadsheets as well as create PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent people skills and approachability, proactively accessible and responsive to candidates and managers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Strong business ethics
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field; strongly preferred or equivalent experience
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world. Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
As an organization, we are 100% remote, 100% of the time. Our infrastructure was built to operate remotely and we believe we do it better than most with equal access to tools, resources, colleagues, and leadership no matter where you are in the world or what your role is within the organization. When we ask our employees, “What motivates you to come to work every day?” Time and time again the answer is our people. Joining Acceleration Partners means joining a community of brilliant colleagues from around the world who are smart, driven, and who will challenge and motivate you to new heights.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
The Director of Talent Acquisition is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners. This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. While candidates living in the Greater Boston or Greater Philadelphia Area are preferred, all candidates will be considered who reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, or Los Angeles.
Some travel is required for internal meetings, conferences, etc. Candidates must reside and have the right to work in the US.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team