ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, CLIENT SUCCESS
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have at least a 5+ year professional track record that aligns to all of these values, along with a desire to provide an excellent client experience. This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for outcomes that deliver on what the company needs. She/he will also have a history of delivering excellence, improving and ensuring adherence to established processes, embracing relationships within a firm and leading via influence not authority.
The Associate Director, Client Success will lead and be responsible for driving an excellent client experience for their first year of service with AP, working closely with the client onboarding and account teams to ensure we are meeting our clients’ goals and expectations. This person will work closely with the sales team to ensure a successful handoff of new client information and collaborate with the sales team on key learnings to improve the client experience. Additionally, the Associate Director, Client Success may support the larger Client Services team as a centralized resource to participate in new business initiatives that ultimately impact the success of our clients.
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
- Exceptional Client Service & Communication – Deliver exceptional client service while communicating with clients, engaging in active and meaningful conversations. Display confidence, show channel expertise and ask clarifying questions to ensure alignment. Actively listen to clients’ needs and ensure our delivery teams are incorporating them into our strategy and deliverables. Proactively oversee and monitor client activities in order to pinpoint potential issues that may impact client happiness and ensure our delivery teams are following AP’s Client Services Methodology.
- Lead Client Onboarding – Actively oversee from a leadership perspective the sales to delivery and first 100 days of a client engagement. Takes the lead and is accountable for reviewing client contractual terms and documenting within AP’s internal systems. Oversees AP internal and network set-up activities, ensuring key risk areas are reviewed and setup appropriately. Review client deliverables for quality and ensure strategies and recommendations align with the client’s goals and objectives. Keep a pulse on client happiness by monitoring performance and spot-checking client communications, proactively flag where there may be misalignment with client expectations and propose solutions to remedy. Identify key learnings throughout the first 100 days and adjust processes and structures as needed to continuously optimize and improve our client onboarding experience. Client onboarding success is determined by an onboarding satisfaction score of 8 or higher by the client.
- Liaison with Sales – Be a conduit between sales and delivery and lead the Sales/Delivery IDS sessions, proactively sharing feedback and key learnings/takeaways that will improve the client experience. Work closely with Sales Executives after clients have signed, ensuring a successful transfer of information. Support Sales Executives with custom SLA’s, reviewing projections and answering general questions, with some guidance from Senior Director of Client Success. Participate in company growth initiatives related to rolling out additional product services at scale.
- Lead, Manage and Hold Team Accountable – Supervises, manages workloads and delegates tasks within Client Success team, with little guidance. Provides real-time feedback to direct reports, while providing training and coaching to elevate and grow team capabilities. Hold direct reports and account teams accountable to client deliverables and timelines, flagging areas of concern proactively. Lead by influence through developing relationships and effectively communicating with delivery and sales team members at all levels, providing guidance, coaching and rolling up feedback internally, as necessary.
- First 12 Month Strategy - Own the strategy and execution plan for our First 12 Months program, focusing on strategic touchpoints and activities that will lead to client happiness and retention throughout a client’s first year of service. Where there are flags that client happiness or performance may be slipping, work with delivery teams to identify the appropriate resources needed to get the client back on track. First 12 Month success is determined by a First 90 NPS of 65+ and first-year client retention benchmark of 80%+.
What Success Looks Like:
- By 6 Months… the Associate Director, Client Success will be actively and effectively leading the new client onboarding team and process, with minimal guidance from the Senior Director, Client Success. This person will have audited our full new client onboarding process and will have made recommendations on improvements and efficiencies that will improve the client and team experience. This person will be proactively pinpointing issues that may impacting client happiness, rolling up feedback and bringing recommendations to remedy. This person will have developed relationships with our sales team and is beginning to participate in SLA development and pricing discussions.
- By 12 Months… the Associate Director, Client Success will have a fully baked First 12 Month strategy that is ready to begin or is already being executed. This person will be operating efficiently with minimal direction or guidance needed from their manager. This person will have a strong handle on our client product offering and is effectively working with sales to ensure our clients are opting into the right level of service. This person is looked at internally as the go-to for anything related to the client experience within their first year at AP.
The Associate Director, Client Success is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates must reside within a reasonable driving distance of any of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Santa Barbara/Los Angeles or Seattle. Some travel is required for client meetings, conferences, other internal meetings, etc.
You are a great fit for this role if you:
- Have strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Love to build client strategy and have a knack for ensuring strategy is well communicated
- Are a strong presenter and enjoy presenting to prospective and existing clients
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Emphasize incredible attention to detail and are capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment
- Have confidence and poise in client meetings and difficult situations where it may be necessary to push back
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
- Prioritize competing objectives and manage time with skill
- Recognize the importance of being engaged in your work and keeping clients engaged as well
- Works independently comfortably, and with minimal supervision
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of affiliate marketing experience, agency experience a plus
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks (Impact, ShareASale, Commission Junction, etc.) required
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Professional and polished, no coaching needed
- Previous experience successfully managing and motivating a team of 2+ direct reports
- Work from home and corporate office experience, a plus
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.