Acceleration Partners seeks a senior level VP of Client Service Operations to advance our quickly growing client delivery organization by ensuring that our account management teams are set up for success. Key elements of this role will be identifying and seeing through scalable best-in-class operational process improvements and overseeing delivery talent support structures, including training, knowledge access, and account staffing. The VP of Client Service Operations will plan, direct, and oversee the operational elements of our client delivery organization (i.e. client billing; tool usage; task and time management technology and usage; key risk avoidance processes) ensuring that they align with the company and departmental vision. This role is a critical pillar of our team goal to deliver best-in-class client service, satisfy client growth objectives, and facilitate a positive employee experience.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivery Operations Strategy Work with Chief Client Officer to ensure a strategic, globally oriented approach to our delivery operation. Ensure that our structures (i.e. billing, tools, time tracking, subject matter training) are set up to support our fast-growing global client base as it continues to expand, anticipating and staying ahead of scalability needs. Work with teams to identify places where best practices are universally relevant vs those requiring adjustments based on geography, subject matter, etc., and oversee rollouts as needed.
- Lead, Manage and Hold Accountable Oversee delivery operations and talent support teams, managing and leading team members and supervising high-level activities. Hire and successfully develop their team through mentoring, coaching, identify training needs and providing proactive and timely feedback. Success of developing teams is proven through a track record of achieving team outcomes, elevating and retaining teams, and motivating A players.
- Process Development & Improvement Oversee the development and distribution of key processes, ensuring that efficiency is top of mind and reducing redundancy and inefficiency. Architect and execute strategy for operationalizing process and incorporating into training and knowledge sharing as is required. Ensure that AP tech stack, including Smartsheet and Sharepoint, is incorporated into all processes and that requisite training and reference materials support the team effectively.
- Talent Support Strategy Oversee delivery talent support functions including subject matter training and approach to staffing and utilization. Serve as key senior conduit to Talent & Culture department, ensuring that organizational talent strategy serves the needs of our client delivery organization.
- Delivery Leadership Integration Serve as a key integrator for our client services leadership team. As part of both ongoing regular operations and special projects, work with Chief Client Officer to ensure that multiple points of view and often competing objectives are being considered in key decision-making and project execution.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By 3 months: You are fully up to speed on the company and delivery team’s short-, medium-, and long-terms priorities, and are very clear on the economics of the business and the levers that affect it. You have developed relationships with key internal stakeholders and are able to comfortably navigate AP’s structure and to handle strategic projects with 80% autonomy. You have a full understanding of our global delivery structure and approach and are able to bring thoughtful suggestions for improvement or enhancing current approaches or structures. You have completed an initial audit of relevant operational processes and approach and presented an initial set of recommendations around future needs and how to achieve them via a 3-6-12 month plan.
By 6 months: You are comfortably and fully serving as a key member of the delivery leadership team. You have begun to execute on strategic initiatives to improve our operational processes and talent support structure. You are regularly both identifying opportunities for improvement/enhancements and raising your hand to drive forward key projects within delivery, and as the delivery representative for cross-functional initiatives with Talent & Culture etc. Initiatives that you are driving are adding clear and often quantifiable value to the organization.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has a strong internal motivation to get the job done and with a high bar for excellence and resilience in difficult situations
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in meetings and presentations
- Is able to keep both the strategic and the tactical in mind at the same time
- Enjoys thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Has strong organization and time management skills and is capable of coordinating several projects at once
- Enjoys working on a range of projects and switching gears regularly
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills and has a strong attention to detail
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
- Can adapt and shift readily and quickly to changing situations
- Quickly develops new relationships
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A strong understanding of agency dynamics and how to deliver excellence in a fast-paced agency environment
- Proven success in rapidly scaling organizations
- Understanding of the balance between process and flexibility, and how to navigate the two
- Ability to win the hearts and minds of senior-level team members in order to accomplish goals
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in doing whatever it takes to fully understand nuanced situations
- Proven experience managing complex situations with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience solving difficult problems with deep analysis and creativity
- Proven ability to drive projects forward, identifying roadblocks and determining how to get past them
- A strong understanding of both the qualitative and quantitative elements of business management and an ability to balance the two in decision-making
- Experience with Smartsheet and Sharepoint are a plus
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.