Publisher Development Manager, Affiliate Marketing
The Publisher Development Manager is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates will be based within the UK.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc. Candidates must hold a valid passport and be able to travel internationally.
The Role and Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
Acceleration Partners seeks an experienced Affiliate Publisher Development Manager for the EMEA region. The Publisher Development Manager is responsible for developing a publisher development process and strategy to support and grow AP managed clients by developing and maintaining relationships with key publishers and finding new opportunities.
Additionally, we will look to the Publisher Development Manager to ensure that AP is a thought leader and capitalizing on major trends with affiliate publisher and partner types. The position will be part of the growing publisher development team and will focus on offering tactical support for clients who want to grow their affiliate campaigns through our experts in partner recruitment and optimization.
Top 5 job responsibilities
- Serve as point of contact and manage communication with top-performing publishers currently part of the AP portfolio; identify new partnership opportunities and areas of optimization to drive revenue growth
- Research high revenue potential publishers and perform outreach for recruitment into AP programs
- Strategize with new and existing publishers to develop out of the box ideas to activate partnerships and maximize sales
- Manage inbound publisher requests and identify recommended partners in specific verticals, etc.
- Present and sell new publisher opportunities and provide updates on existing opportunities to our clients
What success looks like:
By 6 months… the Affiliate Publisher Development Manager has developed strong relationships with their clients as well as their key existing publishers. They have a good understanding of their client’s business and have identified new opportunities to grow their campaigns. They have a firm grasp on the recruitment and reporting process along with what is needed for success. They are consistently vetting all inbound publisher opportunities, meeting weekly publisher outreach goals, as well as weekly recruitment and revenue goals. They are regularly bringing relevant new publisher opportunities to their clients and ensuring that AP is on the forefront of affiliate publisher / partner models.
By 1 year… the Affiliate Publisher Development Manager has created reporting and recruitment process efficiencies and best practices. They are regularly identifying opportunities that genuinely move the needle. They are working with publishers and a variety of AP clients to develop new tactics to activate publishers and generate revenue in order to exceed yearly goals. They have successfully identified and driven the activation of non-traditional publisher types, and integrated new publisher types into the overall AP publisher development process.
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Is a natural matchmaker and passionate about creating opportunities for people and partners through any means (e.g. lunches, calls, travel, socializing)
- Enjoys developing and making pitches for new business
- Has strong aptitude for identifying digital strategies based on publisher business models
- Is a self-starter and will go after different opportunities, big and small
- Quickly develops new relationships
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment and is comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Can keep deadlines and commitments and is accountable to your work
- Only provides superior results for your team, and ultimately, your clients
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
Minimum qualifications & skills:
- 2-5 years of experience cultivating relationships with publishers in a similar role within a network, agency, or in-house position
- Strong track record of building relationships with publishers and retailers in several verticals
- Extensive knowledge of the affiliate marketing landscape
- Proven excellence in exceeding revenue goals
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks (Awin, CJ, Webgains) a plus
- Public Relations, Sales, and/or Business Development experience a plus
- Ability to travel regularly
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Brandless, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
Acceleration Partners is committed to having a diverse and inclusive culture. We would particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds, LGBTQ candidates, and candidates with a disability or who are neurodivergent.