As the partner marketing landscape continues to evolve, various channels and tactics are coming together in exciting ways, and Acceleration Partners is leading the charge. We are seeking an Associate Director of Influencer Marketing to help launch a performance-driven influencer practice for our clients and platform partners by serving as an industry expert, executing client engagements, and driving thought leadership and innovative thinking around how Acceleration Partners can leverage the convergence of influencer and affiliate programs across our portfolio. The Associate Director of Influencer Marketing will be directly and fully responsible for servicing our current influencer programs and will support the development of a team to support this emerging channel.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in developing and managing successful, KPI-driven influencer marketing campaigns for consumer products and/or services companies. They will have working knowledge of the overall partner marketing landscape, including affiliate, and the ability to both develop comprehensive strategy as well as capably execute. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that can confidently plug in to any challenging situation with ease and can balance competing priorities well. As influencer marketing is a new service offering for Acceleration Partners, the Associate Director of Influencer Marketing must be flexible, willing and able to pivot quickly, and excited to operate successfully in an “intrapreneurial” situation. This person will also have a history of working well with their peers, quickly establishing relationships easily and leading through influence.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Influencer Marketing Strategy & Execution – Actively drive client strategy and campaign execution for influencer campaigns. Work with Client Services leadership to develop an overall strategic approach to delivering influencer marketing services.
- Platform Expertise – Act as Acceleration Partners’ subject matter expert on SaaS Influencer platforms such as CreatorIQ, Grin, and Izea. Monitor the market for new entrants and provide strategic recommendations for partnership opportunities. As needed, develop a working understanding of how influencer platforms can and should interface with affiliate platforms or networks. Develop strong relationships with external platform/network stakeholders.
- Lead, Manage & Hold Accountable - Onboard and train influencer specialists to scale the influencer practice. Develop training programs for marketers new to influencer, and document best practices for managing client programs. As the Acceleration Partners’ influencer offering grows, lead, manage and hold accountable a team of influencer specialists overseeing a significant client portfolio.
- Client Service & Communication– Display confidence and expertise while communicating and interacting with clients, while quickly developing trust to nurture excellent relationships. and receive approval to test new digital strategies. Engage clients in active, meaningful conversations to gain their approval to test new influencer strategies to complement their affiliate marketing campaigns. Flag potential issues and roadblocks that may impact a client’s success, along with solutions on how to resolve. Verbal, written, and presentation skills are top notch, high-quality and represent AP’s standards.
- Thought Leadership – Proactively share influencer marketing expertise with the wider company by offering guidance and insights. Where relevant, share influencer marketing news and industry insights with team members, illustrating why and how the news may impact our affiliate marketing clients and/or business. Support building influencer marketing knowledge across the business through trainings and materials that teams can leverage.
YOU ARE GREAT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Big picture, strategic innovative thinker with a strong go to market growth mentality
- Exhilarated by managing change and comfortable with ambiguity and moving targets
- Strong with data analysis, is easily able to pinpoint issues and opportunities within a data set
- Translates data and insights into actionable next steps for clients
- Ensures that influencer strategies and tactics have measurable results
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, high performing environment
- Likes to share and collaborate with peers in a remote environment
- Passionate about the digital marketing industry and how influencer relates to the greater digital landscape
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Hears and incorporate feedback from other team members, clients and partners
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 3-5 years working for an influencer marketing agency and experience managing client relationships
- Experience leading a team of two or more on influencer campaigns
- Solid understanding of omni-channel and digital marketing, with a track record of successfully running influencer campaigns for consumer products and/or services companies
- Excellent at communicating, presenting and pitching and receiving approval from clients on new influencer campaigns
- Working knowledge of attribution in digital marketing
- Strong understanding of how influencer and affiliate marketing can work together
- Tools (CreatorIQ, Grin, Izea, etc.) experience preferred, not required
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks or SaaS platforms (Impact, ShareASale, Commission Junction, etc.) experience preferred, not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Associate Director of Influencer Marketing is creating and executing multiple successful influencer marketing campaigns and translating the data and insights into actionable next steps for both the client and Acceleration Partners. The Associate Director of Influencer Marketing has actively supported the Sales team in bringing on at least 5 new influencer campaigns. The Associate Director of Influencer Marketing is confident leading client presentations and has started to receive true “buy-in” from clients to move forward with their recommendations. The Associate Director of Influencer Marketing is actively sharing influencer industry insights and happenings with internal team members, including information on how it may impact their partner marketing clients.
BY 1 YEAR… The Associate Director of Influencer Marketing has developed a successful approach to influencer marketing for Acceleration Partners, with at least 50% of influencer clients engaging in more than one campaign. This approach is documented, repeatable, and trainable. The Associate Director of Influencer Marketing has worked with Client Service leadership and the Talent & Culture team to build out and onboard a team of at least three influencer marketing specialists,and is leading them effectively. Internal departments and team members are actively seeking expert advice and support from the Associate Director of Influencer Marketing, including insights, benchmarks, industry updates.
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world. Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
As an organization, we are 100% remote, 100% of the time. Our infrastructure was built to operate remotely and we believe we do it better than most with equal access to tools, resources, colleagues, and leadership no matter where you are in the world or what your role is within the organization. When we ask our employees, “What motivates you to come to work every day?” Time and time again the answer is our people, Joining Acceleration Partners means joining a community of brilliant colleagues from around the world who are smart, driven, and who will challenge and motivate you to new heights.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team