As the partner marketing landscape continues to evolve, there’s increased opportunity to leverage non-affiliate digital channels as an integral part of best-in-class partner marketing programs, and Acceleration Partners is leading the way. We are seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to support our affiliate marketing delivery teams by serving as a paid marketing expert, executing paid marketing client engagements, and driving strategic innovation and thinking around how Acceleration Partners can leverage various online channels to support growth of affiliate marketing programs. The Manager will be directly and fully responsible for servicing one paid search/social retainer client and will lead and execute on an ongoing initiative to maximize strategic TM+ (paid search) publisher efforts across our client portfolio.
The Digital Marketing Manager will have high level exposure to all digital marketing channels (Affiliate, SEM, SEO, Social, Email Marketing), strategic and execution capability in paid channels and an understanding of how each channel interacts within one another. This person has a proven track record of successfully developing, initiating, and executing strategic initiatives within paid marketing channels. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that can confidently plug in to any challenging situation with ease and can balance competing priorities well. This person will also have a history of working well with their peers, quickly establishing relationships easily and leading through influence.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Paid Marketing Strategy & Execution – Actively drive and initiate strategy for SEM (Google, Bing) and paid social (Facebook, Pinterest) campaigns. Determine and execute applications for affiliate / partner marketing programs. Can leverage expertise with SEM and paid social with clients, making recommendations on how to optimize their campaigns.
- Trademark Plus Program - Lead the Trademark Plus (TM+) program by working directly with our affiliate marketing clients and coordinating with our team members to launch and test new campaigns. Explain effectively to clients how TM+ will interact with current search initiatives, along with the benefits and value of TM+. Build relationships with our trusted TM+ partners, working in tandem with the partners to build a solid proposal that aligns with the client’s goals. Proactively reports on performance and shares key learnings from TM+ campaigns with the wider business.
- Client Service & Communication– Display confidence and expertise while communicating and interacting with clients, while quickly developing trust to nurture excellent relationships. and receive approval to test new digital strategies. Engage clients in active, meaningful conversations to gain their approval to test new digital strategies to complement their affiliate marketing campaigns. Flag potential issues and roadblocks that may impact a client’s success, along with solutions on how to resolve. Verbal, written, and presentation skills are top notch, high-quality and represent AP’s standards.
- Attribution Analysis & Insights Reporting – Analyzes data and a client’s marketing mix using tools such as Google Analytics to identify areas of opportunity for our affiliate marketing clients. Easily pinpoints anomalies and trends within cross-channel attribution and digital marketing insights data and communicates those with the client and account teams. Supports wider team with digital marketing expertise and insights to identify opportunities and potential issues within the data and effectively communicate to the client including recommended next steps.
- Strategic Innovation & Thought Leadership – Contribute to the growth of Acceleration Partners as an organization by testing and sourcing new ways to drive client partner marketing revenue through paid marketing channels. Proactively shares digital marketing expertise with the wider company by offering guidance and insights. Where relevant, share digital marketing news and industry insights with team members, illustrating why and how the news may impact our affiliate marketing clients and/or business. Support building digital marketing knowledge across the business through trainings and materials that teams can leverage.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Digital Marketing Manager is creating and executing multiple successful paid marketing campaigns and translating the data and insights into actionable next steps for both the client and Acceleration Partners. The Manager is fully executing the trademark plus program – and will have actively engaged in selling through or supporting at least 2 add-on products for new or existing clients to support Acceleration Partners ROI targets. The Digital Marketing Manager is confident leading client presentations and has started to receive “buy-in” and approval from clients to move forward with their recommendations. This person is actively sharing digital industry insights and happenings with internal team members, including information on how it may impact their affiliate marketing clients.
BY 1 YEAR… The Digital Marketing Manager has executed successful growth marketing campaigns and innovative tests for clients, resulting in new AP revenue and increased client satisfaction, with strategy scores of 8.5 or higher. The Digital Marketing Manager will have executed 8 add-on product contracts resulting in increased revenue for AP. This person will also be actively tracking the ROI of their efforts to measure the success and impact of the innovation testing and digital campaigns. Internal departments and team members are actively seeking expert advice and support from this person for omni-channel insights, benchmarks, industry updates. Is actively supporting internal account teams with data and attribution analysis and discrepancies.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Strategic innovative thinker with a strong go to market growth mentality
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get the job done
- Strong with data analysis, is easily able to pinpoint issues and opportunities within a data set
- Translates data and insights into actionable next steps for clients
- Ensures that growth strategies and tactics have measurable results
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, high performing environment
- Exhilarated by managing change and comfortable with ambiguity and moving targets
- Likes to share and collaborate with peers in a remote environment
- Passionate about the digital marketing industry and how each channel interacts
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Hears and incorporate feedback from other team members, clients and partners
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 3-5 years working in digital marketing or experience managing client relationships, preferred.
- Strong understanding of omni-channel and digital marketing with a track record of executing growth campaigns and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience communicating, presenting and pitching and receiving approval from clients on new digital growth campaigns, preferred.
- SEM strategy and execution ability (Google Ads, Bing Ads) required
- Social Advertising strategy and execution ability (Facebook, Pinterest) required
- Attribution Experience (Google Analytics, Looker, Omniture, etc), preferred
- High level understanding of how Affiliate, SEO, Email Marketing, Display Marketing work together
- Direct affiliate marketing experience (in-house, agency, network) experience preferred, not required
- Tools (DashThis, SEMRush) experience preferred, not required
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks or SaaS platforms (ShareASale, Commission Junction, Impact, etc.) experience preferred, not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Previous experience managing and motivating direct reports, a plus
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.