DIRECTOR OF SALES
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?:
We are a leading partner marketing agency that is raising the bar on innovation every day and is trusted by top brands such as adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub. We believe that a great work experience comes from a shared vision, challenging work, autonomy, accountability, and an unwavering commitment to finding like-minded colleagues that share our core values. We are a market leader, but we are equally passionate about the hours we spend away from work with friends and family and pursuing our individual passions. We believe you can have it all and should not have to compromise.
As an organization, we’ve worked thoughtfully and strategically over the years to create core values and operating principles that reflect who we are as a company and who we strive to be. We’ve done a lot in our relatively short time, including making the Inc 500 list of fastest growing private companies three years in a row, being the 3rd fastest growing company in Massachusetts two years in a row, and getting honored as the 4th Best Place to Work in Advertising and Marketing and the 8th Most Flexible Workplace in the United States by Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work. We are also in the top 1% of all companies on Glassdoor. Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team.
The Director of Sales is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Candidates will ideally reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, or Santa Barbara/Los Angeles.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
The AP Sales team was established in 2017 and has grown steadily over the previous 4 years. Today, we have an industry leading team comprised of front-line sellers based in the US and UK along with sales support analysts. The Director of Sales will begin their work at AP managing the current sales process for 3-6 months then elevate to the leadership role to oversee all front line sellers. In this position, they will be responsible for hiring new resources, training, managing, and leading their team to success while maintaining market leading thought leadership and insights. This position will carry the US new business goals for the organization and be looked to for innovation around products and go-to-market strategy. This position will report directly into the SVP of Client Strategy.
YOUR TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Meet Sales Targets with Revenue from New Clients Meeting Acceleration Partners’ Client Criteria
- Develop and Ensure Implementation of Sales Strategy from Funnel to Close
- Lead, Manage, and Hold the Sales Team Accountable
- Manage Relationships with Key Partners to Drive Referral Pipeline
- Provide clear, accountable reporting and forecasting to sales leadership
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By 6 Months: You are 100% up to speed on Acceleration Partners business, value proposition, and target market, which means you are able to make qualification decisions, take sales calls, and lead sales pitches. You have created relationships with your direct team and those supporting your team both within the sales organization and across the great company. You have updated and documented a strategy and tactical plan to achieve our annual goals. Any initial personnel planning to align team structure with targets is complete and new hiring is in process. Any required changes to core sales process have been implemented and documented.
By 12 Months: Any updates to team structure are in place and revenue targets have been achieved. The churn rate of new clients is below 10%. A new sales plan has been delivered showing feedback from the market, adjustments to sales strategy and resources needed so the team is positioned to achieve 30% annual growth in each of the subsequent two years.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- You love to close deals and have been a top producer with a track record of winning enterprise clients. You are driven to make sure that every one of our target prospects knows who we are, what we do and how we could help them.
- You have built and led small-to-medium sized sales teams for a professional services organization, consulting firm, marketing agency, or technology company working with consumer or SMB focused B2B clients.
- You have led or been a significant contributor to the scaling of an organization from the ~$20M+ level to the ~$100M level or beyond.
- You have embraced partner relationships and demonstrated success with leveraging channel partners to drive sales.
- You have consistently delivered “alpha” – exceeded expectations / quota and your peers at all times, even when the company has grown quickly. A rising tide may float all boats, but yours always floats higher!
- Exceptional at conducting and training a consultative sales approach.
- You are passionate about the Sales function yet crave being part of something bigger; you want to push yourself as a leader to your team and our organization.
- You have owned outcomes no matter what, the buck stops with you.
- You are constantly seeking improvement across all aspects of the role and organization.
- You are looking for more responsibility and accountability and to contribute strategically at the executive level.
- You are ready and willing to come in, own the sales function, and bet on yourself.
- You are passionate about being leader as well as a respected manager and look forward to bringing out the best in your team and peers.
- You are never satisfied with good enough—you always push yourself and those around you to get better.
- 6+ years in front-line sales role with 2+ years in sales leadership
- Experience in selling products and/or services to the VP and C-suite at B2B organizations.
- Proven track record of designing, hiring, training and coaching a high velocity sales team
- Digital Media, Affiliate, Agency or Professional Service sales experience a Plus
- Has successfully managed
- Adept at taking customer feedback to internal teams for discussion and troubleshooting
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Salesforce Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration or related field. MBA a plus
Travel will be up to 30%, and potentially on short notice for pitches and other meetings.
Compensation will include a base salary commensurate with experience as well as a performance plan tied to booked revenue. On-target earnings are expected to be split 50% base salary and 50% commission-based plan.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team